PO: Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (01/28/14)

• 1 month later...

The guys just posted this on facebook if anyone is interested :)

"TEST PRESSES
There are a total of 19 Blue Vinyl Test Presses of our new album "Nova Scotia." We will be signing and hand-numbering each of them.

After sending copies to each of the labels, we will only have a few left. If you would like one, send us an offer at [email protected]

We will be doing a silent auction of sorts to help out with gas money for our upcoming tour"

From their FB page:

"IMPORTANT VINYL UPDATE:

Unfortunately, we are going to have to reject the current test presses as there is a slight skip in the first few seconds of Side A (the rest of the record sounds great). Upon confirming the error today with United, it was determined that they will need to cut a new lacquer and will be shipping us new test presses. The bad news is that the records will be delayed a bit longer (we will keep you updated on the progress). The good news is that the final product will be the quality that you deserve and these current test presses are kind of a collector's item type thingy now"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The band announced on their Instagram that "Just received an email saying the ""Nova Scotia"" vinyl has finally shipped!.....Your final should be shipping out to you sometime next week."

Further down in the comments a subscriber asked about the lathe cuts and 5" cuts would be shipping. and the band responded with "This week".

So we all should be receiving out vinyl within 2-3 weeks at most i would guess depending on when and where we ordered it from. Very excited!

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine from Songs From The Road and received it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't listened to it yet because I'm kind of scared to after seeing their set-up for listening to their test pressings. Also, I ordered one of the lathe cut Stitch EPs and it's pretty much unlistenable. Side one sounded kind of like a fax machine tone and side two was just really noisy and sounded horrible. I'm sure the records sound fine, I'm just being a little paranoid at the moment, I guess.

Also, I ordered one of the lathe cut Stitch EPs and it's pretty much unlistenable. Side one sounded kind of like a fax machine tone and side two was just really noisy and sounded horrible. I'm sure the records sound fine, I'm just being a little paranoid at the moment, I guess.

I havent spun the clear lathe cuts, wanted them for the collection and helping out a smaller band than the listening. I don't like getting up and down that often for 7" and 10". 

Im probably just being paranoid about not receiving my Nova Scotias yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also ordered the 3 pack from Fly the Light and I haven't seen anything yet. I ordered the red/white covers for RSD and they came in sometime last week.

I was really scared that these were going to sound really crappy but to my surprise they sound really really really good! Like crystal clear good. I also bought the clear lathe cut and like it was mentioned above, I basically can't even listen to it. Pretty bummed I spent money on it but they are a really great band and I don't mind supporting them. I've been buying all of the tapes and stuff so they've already gotten a bunch of my money.

They released an over seas exclusive that you can order here http://cthrecords.bigcartel.com/ It has some alternate hand made artwork.

As far as tapes go I think I'm going to stop buying them. I've pretty much bought all of the Nova Scotia vinyl variants so I'll try to get a test press too. They had the original three variants, the RSD variants and then this Euro exclusive. Am I missing anything else?

One more thing. I follow the guys on instagram and facebook and they seem to always have something they want to try and sell. The latest was a tab book for the album. They come up with these ideas and put up "pre orders" and then use the money to fund the product. It's all a little aggravating to me but it's their band and their decisions. I hope they've learned from the delay of Nova Scotia not to put up pre orders until they have the records in hand. I know it's something that is kind of out of their control but it's been 6 months and I still don't have my 3 pack -__- I guess the post office "lost" like 600 of the records and now they are selling signed copies of the album in hopes to recoup costs.