PO: Adventures / Run Forever split

brandy

https://store.nosleeprecords.com/product/6951/split

ADVENTURES is made up of members Jami, Reba and Joe from hardcore band Code Orange Kids, who along with friends Kimi and Dominic fuse their punk and hardcore roots with indie-punk riffs and raw dueling vocals for an intense, emotionally charged sound. The split will be the band’s third official release, and follow-up to their critically acclaimed 2013 EP, Clear My Head With You.

RUN FOREVER is an alternative rock band from Braddock, PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh that’s faced hardship over the last several years and is in a state of rebuilding. In its ascension, the small town has fostered a wealth of talented musicians and bands and RUN FOREVER is one of those acts that has thrived and built a name for themselves around the region with incredibly catchy music and passionate live performances.

Out 28th Jan 2014

Pressing info:

300 Blue
300 Transparent Orange
500 Half Red/Half Light Blue

Preview 2 new songs: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/exclusive_hear_two_new_songs_from_the_adventures_run_forever_split_ep#.UrMnK8ZH9dA.twitter

I liked Adventures' S/T, but I haven't listened to anything since then. The new track they released seems to be heading in a different sort of the same direction... if that makes sense at all.

I never heard Run Forever before. They're good. I'm pretty stoked to receive this from the NSR 2014 sub!

I liked Adventures' S/T, but I haven't listened to anything since then. The new track they released seems to be heading in a different sort of the same direction... if that makes sense at all.

I never heard Run Forever before. They're good. I'm pretty stoked to receive this from the NSR 2014 sub!

Pick up their full lengths, you won't regret it: http://tinyengines.limitedrun.com/products/504601-run-forever-settling-lp-the-devil-and-death-and-me-lp-2nd-pressings

I just dropped $50 on Interpunk, but I'll check them out. Thanks!

Vinyl is truly a never-ending struggle... these guys are good.

I just dropped $50 on Interpunk, but I'll check them out. Thanks!

Vinyl is truly a never-ending struggle... these guys are good.

Honestly, 'Settling' is probably my favorite album that's been released in the last couple of years. I'm not sure what it is, but that album hit me hard.

Honestly, 'Settling' is probably my favorite album that's been released in the last couple of years. I'm not sure what it is, but that album hit me hard.

Word, I totally agree. I listen to Settling all the time. But I've had trouble getting into The Devil and Death. I'm really excited for this 7", picked up a split color.

I want to like Adventures, but I can't get into anything they've released. Run, Forever, on the other hand, is awesome.

Clear My Head... is what did it for me. At first I had no idea what bands to compare them to, or really what they were going for and I wasn't super into it, but listening to that 7" probably 5 times made me love them. 

• 1 month later...

You know what I just realized? I was listening to these Run, Forever songs earlier today (I agree, they're fantastic) and I pulled out my light blue marble first press copy of Settling because I forgot how much I loved that album and so I go to put it on my turntable and I'm like "This thing definitely weighs more than my other color records." And so I pull out my scale, and, sure enough, it's an 173g piece of vinyl, which I thought was pretty entertaining, because my other Tiny Engines releases were like that, too. It's almost as if TE wants to make a heavyweight vinyl without going to the trouble of calling it 180g. They just want it 5-10g lighter.

Yo dude, I have an extra copy of Settling that I'll sell ya cheap if you want it.

PM'd

I'm on the same page as everyone with the Adventures songs on this release. I like Adventures, but Run Forever takes the cake on the split. I'm looking forward to having this on coffee with creamer colored vinyl.