Recent purchases

Slayer box set.

Took a while to get it. I ordered it directly from the Slayer store and they managed to send me a Kings Of Leon LP instead. They took care of it and finally today I got the box set. The quality on these is top notch. I'm very impressed with the jacket quality, heavy and thick, and of course RTI is pretty much the best pressing plant on the planet, so they did these right!

Now I'm stuck here with a shitty Kings Of Leon LP. They didn't ask for it back.

Which LP is it? And, you're in North Syracuse? i'm in Liverpool!

Slayer box set.

Took a while to get it. I ordered it directly from the Slayer store and they managed to send me a Kings Of Leon LP instead. They took care of it and finally today I got the box set. The quality on these is top notch. I'm very impressed with the jacket quality, heavy and thick, and of course RTI is pretty much the best pressing plant on the planet, so they did these right!

Now I'm stuck here with a shitty Kings Of Leon LP. They didn't ask for it back.

i think you should play the Slayer box all the way through and throw in the Kings Of Leon record to throw off your listening pleasure somewhere in the middle of it.

then flip the KOL on ebay if they didn't ask for it back.

A Great Big Pile of Leaves 2LP - Have You Seen My Prefrontal Cortex? (preorder) -- sounds like The Honorary Title+Kay Kay+Say Anything, but fucking great!

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

A Wilhelm Scream - S/T

Minus the Bear - Acoustics ($7.50 from revhq.com...My copy from when it first released was super warped and scratched, so I finally got another one)

Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind ($11 www.revhq.com )

From Drugged Conscience:

Neon Blud - B Girls 12"

Merchandise - Strange Songs In the Dark LP

People need to scope out that Merchandise LP (and the NB stuff if you are into killer noisy hardcore)...killer goth/post punk stuff. My friend said it was like Joy Division meets the Misfits. I have the s/t EP and it is amazing....check the links below for DLs of the Merchandise EP and Whipps EP.

http://cultmaternal.blogspot.com/2009/02/merchandise-st-ep.html

http://cultmaternal.blogspot.com/2009/12/whipps.html

Manic Street Preachers - Postcards From a Young Man - Promo CD Acetate

Monkees, The - The Birds, The Bees and The Monkees (Deluxe Edition) - Triple CD Box Set

Monkees, The - Head (Deluxe Edition) - Triple CD Box Set

Slayer/Metallica/Anthrax/Megadeth - The Big 4: Live in Sofia, Bulgaria - CD x5/DVD x2 Box Set

Union Sound Set - Start/Stop - CD

Union Sound Set - Hiding Places - CD Single

Weezer - Pinkerton (Deluxe Edition) - Double CD

Weezer - Pinkerton (Deluxe Edition) - LP x4 Box Set

Weezer - Death to False Metal - CD

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Did you find a particularly good deal on this? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now. Just wondering if you stumbled across a respectable price tag, somewhere.

It's $19.99 at Hot Topic. I was super indecisive since they've stocked the record, and finally got it. It's so damn good. Plus it's on white vinyl so it reflects right off the album cover. The packaging could've been nicer, but as long as it sounds great, I'm content.

From Drugged Conscience:

Neon Blud - B Girls 12"

Merchandise - Strange Songs In the Dark LP

People need to scope out that Merchandise LP (and the NB stuff if you are into killer noisy hardcore)...killer goth/post punk stuff. My friend said it was like Joy Division meets the Misfits. I have the s/t EP and it is amazing....check the links below for DLs of the Merchandise EP and Whipps EP.

http://cultmaternal.blogspot.com/2009/02/merchandise-st-ep.html

http://cultmaternal.blogspot.com/2009/12/whipps.html

Check out Katorga Works distro for the latest Merchandise tape too!

http://katorgaworks.bigcartel.com/product/merchandise-gone-are-the-silk-gardens-of-youth-cs

Band rules!

Jets To Brazil - Four Cornered Night - white

Dead Confederate - Wrecking Ball

= $33 @ Record Exchange in Boise, ID

How much was just the DC? I bought mine for $20 at the show when they played with Manchester and KD in '08. I need to post a picture of the sigs because two of the dudes drew/wrote some funny shit.

Record show today!

- Faces - Nod is as Good as a Wink LP

- Index - Self Titled (Re-issue, ltd. to 100. Would love to find an original, but they tend to sell for about $3,000)

- Link Wray - Rumble 7"

- Link Wray - Raw Hide 7"

- Standells - Dirty Water 7"

- The Who - Summertime Blues 7"

- The Wailers - Tall Cool One 7"

- Carl Perkins - Dixie Fried 7"

- Screamin Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You 7"

- Gene Simmons - Haunted House 7"

- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction 7"

Yesterday at the record stores:

The Misunderstood - I Can Take You to the Sun 7"

Art Adams - Rock Crazy Baby 7" (50th Anniversary EP)

Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues 7"

Wilson Pickett - International Playboy 7" (this ain't so great)

Neil Young - Old Ways LP (under rated amongst Young albums)

Lots of good singles for me this weekend.

Jets To Brazil - Four Cornered Night - white

Dead Confederate - Wrecking Ball

= $33 @ Record Exchange in Boise, ID

How much was just the DC? I bought mine for $20 at the show when they played with Manchester and KD in '08. I need to post a picture of the sigs because two of the dudes drew/wrote some funny shit.

how is the DC LP? i've wanted to buy it since i saw them on Conan but i bought a used EP of theirs instead. is the LP worth the steep pricetag? always seemed a little overpriced but i can't tell.

how is the DC LP? i've wanted to buy it since i saw them on Conan but i bought a used EP of theirs instead. is the LP worth the steep pricetag? always seemed a little overpriced but i can't tell.

I still think paying $20 for that record was too much haha, but the artwork is pretty damn cool, and it is a gatefold 2LP, but I cannot remember if it's 180g. I'm not at my house so I can't check it out. It does come with a download card. Once I get my hands on it tomorrow, I'll let you know, unless of course someone beats me to it!