How do you support your vinyl addiction?

So i was thinking about this...I know a lot of you guys have been collecting for year and years, but some of you guys have just insane collections, and I was wondering what kind of jobs you guys work to support your vinyl collecting?

I work for a Dog Walking/Pet Sitting company and make pretty decent money...there hasnt been a record that I have really wanted recently that I havent been able to pick up as long as the price was within reason. It pays the bills, allows for a lot of time off for touring/travel, and lets me buy rad records.

I have two friends that really have it made. My buddy runs his own record store/distro out of his bike shop that he does with another one of his friends. They pay there bills off of that, and he basically just gets free records from his ordering.

But, my other buddy works two jobs, both at record stores. The first he just doest cashier stuff and gets paid enough...but the other he does inventory for this huge record store...and gets paid in records. awesome.

what do all of you guys do?

i sell parts for school buses, i pretty much just sit at a computer all day(and live on this site) while answering the phone and try to explain to people that "no, your bus is not under warranty and even it was i would not give you free parts". all day long. but it pays pretty well and keeps me comfortable so im happy.

Guest baseball

Business Analyst in Enterprise Computer Security.

Pays well enough to support a perpetually costly hobby like collecting vinyl. I get pretty sick of being in front of a computer 40 hours a week sometimes though.

But at least I can listen to music 40 hours a week 8-).

Business Analyst in Enterprise Computer Security.

Pays well enough to support a perpetually costly hobby like collecting vinyl. I get pretty sick of being in front of a computer 40 hours a week sometimes though.

But at least I can listen to music 40 hours a week 8-).

Yeah, not being able to listen to music at work would be the death of me.

apart from studying and looking after my kid, i work about 22 hours a week doing data entry for a bookshop. pay is shite, coz i live in london and if your only earning anywhere around average wage, paying the bills is tough. unfortunately, it has now come to the point where i gotta sell a record if i want to buy a couple more. still get to buy stuff, but sucks having to sell...

things'll pick up soon, i'm sure!

I work as a behavioural therapist in an ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) treatment home for a 15 year old boy with Autism. It's a great job, and personally fulfilling, and it pays pretty well. However, next year I will be working as a therapist in the school system and hopefully working another job in a transitional housing project for street youth in the evenings.

During term time it's usually my student loan that buys my records, but I also work part-time, and full-time during any holidays from Uni. I also help out with a couple of people who put on shows in Birmingham, they usually give me some cash for carrying stuff around and sitting on the door and taking the moneyzzz