Frodus - "And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea" Reissue

Why? I mean, it's arguably (or not so) Frodus' best, and I totally get that Frodus could be someone's favourite band.

So, yeah, makes sense that there are people out there that with this as their favourite album.

Why? A couple of reasons, but the relevant one is Shelby is(was) a great screamer. Great. But he is a terrible singer, and his vocal melody lines are poor at times. And as interesting and unconventional as the songwriting is on this album, the vocal deficiencies are front and center, bringing the whole thing down.

If you like it, cool, but it is interesting to me that someone finds this good enough for it to be their all time fav.

Why? A couple of reasons, but the relevant one is Shelby is(was) a great screamer. Great. But he is a terrible singer, and his vocal melody lines are poor at times. And as interesting and unconventional as the songwriting is on this album, the vocal deficiencies are front and center, bringing the whole thing down.

If you like it, cool, but it is interesting to me that someone finds this good enough for it to be their all time fav.

I mean, that doesn't always matter.  I definitely would put The Chariot and Frodus next to each other.  The Chariot is many people's favourite band and Josh is NOT a good singer either.

Dude, have you seen the shit other people on this forum like and openly rave about? Frodus is the least of our worries when we have Cute is What We Aim For, Marilyn Manson, and Taylor Swift threads on the main page.

Dude, have you seen the shit other people on this forum like and openly rave about? Frodus is the least of our worries when we have Cute is What We Aim For, Marilyn Manson, and Taylor Swift threads on the main page.

I'm not passing any negative judgement on anybody that doesn't share my opinion, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to share my opinion, either. We're just discussing the album here, no hard feelings. I don't hate this album, or Frodus, I think F-Letter and CI are much better albums. I'm just surprised by the fav all time statement.

As far as other stuff on the board, well, I'm surprised by a lot that pops up on the boards, from bands to boots.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Frodus "And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea" Reissue Out 11/23 on Lovitt Records

“The deflation of man makes for a sense of world and life far transcending the common bond that unites all men on earth. It is no accident that a human element appears so seldom at the center of the modern mandala, and so frequently a flower, a star, or the void itself. The center of gravity has shifted from consciousness toward the creative matrix where something new is in preparation.”

- Erich Neumann, Art & Time

Originally released in 2001, And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea was the final release by Northern Virginia-based “mech-core” trio, Frodus. 

Recorded in the summer of 1999 with Brian McTernan at Salad Days Studios, Weapons is a depiction of life in the late 20th century at the cusp of a major technological and lifestyle transition. It’s an album that documents the times, displaying within the music the undying human element that remains glowing amongst the constant hum of the world. 

Since the initial release, the album has continued to build a die-hard fan base, despite the group’s inactivity. Countless bands have named Frodus as influencers to their sound and the landscape of experimental hardcore music. 

In 2009 the band reformed to play select shows and even recorded a new 7" with Liam Wilson from Dillinger Escape Plan on bass. Now, after over 10 years out of print, Lovitt Records is reissuing Weapons on vinyl with expanded packaging, including original lyric sheets/journal entries and candid photos from that last year of Frodus. 

Tracklist:
1) Red Bull of Juarez
2) The Earth Isn't Humming
3) There Will Be No More Scum
4) Out-Circuit The Ending
5) Chiriacho Summit
6) Belgian Congo
7) The Awesome Machine                                             
8) 6/99
9) Hull Crush Depth
10) Year of the Hex
11) Title Track

no link yet but I am sure it's coming today or tomorrow or very soon.

• 2 weeks later...