PO: OFF! Wasted Years (4/8/14)

Damn, should have kept up with this thread. Didn't know there was a coloured variant. Oh well. I saw the $13 price tag at my local store and had to pick it up.

Side note, this album rules. Not saying it's better than the s/t, but the fact none of the tracks are less than a minute (as opposed to half the tracks on the s/t) is a huge plus. Probably my favorite punk release in a while.

This is already up on eBay for $25.

I'm not surprised that it's already up, but just that it's for only $8.50 above retail price. Factor in shipping from Interpunk, then the price of him shipping it, and whatever percentage eBay takes, and this guy isn't going to make a profit.  :rolleyes:

Anybody else get some sick splits on their inner sleeve? I'm bummed because I really like the nice printed inner sleeves... that and it almost split the LP jacket on the top. I wish labels and distros would ship things outside their jackets...  :(

This is already up on eBay for $25.

I'm not surprised that it's already up, but just that it's for only $8.50 above retail price. Factor in shipping from Interpunk, then the price of him shipping it, and whatever percentage eBay takes, and this guy isn't going to make a profit.  :rolleyes:

Anybody else get some sick splits on their inner sleeve? I'm bummed because I really like the nice printed inner sleeves... that and it almost split the LP jacket on the top. I wish labels and distros would ship things outside their jackets...  :(

Yeah mine had those splits too.

Yeah mine had those splits too.

Mine had a small one too.  Even if they shipped this outside the jacket, there will still be the chance of a split on the printed inner sleeve because the LP would still be bouncing around in it during shipping.  I do agree that anything to prevent more splits would be nice.

I just listened to this and I dig it.  It's not quite as good as The First Four EPs, but I think it's much better than Self Titled (which wasn't bad, but it really didn't wow me like the EPs did).

The show last night in Oakland was damn good. Keith did his usual ranting, which I like because then the song explodes and it's like the peak of his angst.

They had the red records at the show and many t-shirts.

Totally recommend getting there early to see NSU and Cerebral Ballzy. CB was a nice surprise. They had a pink 45 and an awesome Bart Simpson shirt that is both ugly and cool. It was a very solid show.

Mine had a small one too.  Even if they shipped this outside the jacket, there will still be the chance of a split on the printed inner sleeve because the LP would still be bouncing around in it during shipping.  I do agree that anything to prevent more splits would be nice.

I just listened to this and I dig it.  It's not quite as good as The First Four EPs, but I think it's much better than Self Titled (which wasn't bad, but it really didn't wow me like the EPs did).

Good point about the splits. In a perfect world, they'd ship the LP in a plain white inner sleeve, outside the jacket, with the printed sleeve inside the jacket... but that'd add a couple bucks to shipping and "handling," ha ha.

I have to say I didn't like S/T very much either - it felt kind of flat to me. Wasted Years however has been in with my NOFX rotation for the past couple of days. It's really, really good! 

The show last night in Oakland was damn good. Keith did his usual ranting, which I like because then the song explodes and it's like the peak of his angst.

They had the red records at the show and many t-shirts.

Totally recommend getting there early to see NSU and Cerebral Ballzy. CB was a nice surprise. They had a pink 45 and an awesome Bart Simpson shirt that is both ugly and cool. It was a very solid show.

I'm an idiot for not buying a ticket. They're playing Seattle tomorrow night and I really should be there, but for some reason I decided against a ticket (probably because of the sour taste S/T left in my mouth) and now I am a dunce. Cerebral Ballzy is kick-ass but I think they sound really similar to OFF!, which of course isn't necessarily bad. Something about them also reminds me of Operation Ivy, but I'm not sure what it is.

Would have loved to pick up some shirts and other cool merch at the show. Damn it! Hopefully I will catch them next time they come through town. 

Of course, if I went to the show I'd probably sleep through my classes on Monday. I saw Propagandhi on a Tuesday night and the next morning was some shit, I tell you.

I'm an idiot for not buying a ticket. They're playing Seattle tomorrow night and I really should be there, but for some reason I decided against a ticket (probably because of the sour taste S/T left in my mouth) and now I am a dunce.

If it makes you feel any better, tomorrow will be the second time I've missed them thanks to work.  They've somehow managed to pick impossible nights for me, both times.

If it makes you feel any better, tomorrow will be the second time I've missed them thanks to work.  They've somehow managed to pick impossible nights for me, both times.

I don't get it, man! Us punks have jobs and classes, why can't they just play Fridays and Saturdays? Hahaha

Go next time, we can mosh together!