PO: Fireworks - Oh, Common Life

Dave's voice is really good but Matty from A Loss For Words or Derek from State Champs are on top of the genre...

I agree. Live and on record I'd put those two at 1 and 2 respectively.

I've probably seen fireworks 25-30 times around the Midwest. I put on shows for them around central Illinois way back in the day and I can honestly say that Dave's voice has always been god awful live.

I've probably seen fireworks 25-30 times around the Midwest. I put on shows for them around central Illinois way back in the day and I can honestly say that Dave's voice has always been god awful live.

Really? I saw them with the Wonder Years last year and he sounded amazing, so much so that I was disappointed in TWY by comparison. 

Really? I saw them with the Wonder Years last year and he sounded amazing, so much so that I was disappointed in TWY by comparison.

Yeah every time I've seen them he's been awful. Still super fun shows though.

To clarify, Fireworks are definitely one of my favorite bands. I don't want people thinking I'm just saying that to ruffle some feathers haha

Finally got this in and I'm so excited. 

Though, I can never commit to where I want to put stickers. I almost put one on my laptop and then immediately regretted it. Now it's haphazardly back on the sheet. 

I'll probably end up just treating them like they're a lyric sheet.

Did you book the show at the Morton American Legion in March of 2010? If so, thanks.

Did you book the show at the Morton American Legion in March of 2010? If so, thanks.

I helped with it yeah! Fun show. Sad that that was the last time they came to central illinois. They used to come like 4 times a year or so.

Fun fact: I actually discovered The Wonder Years by putting on a fireworks show in Peoria. They brought TWY out on what was their first actual tour outside of the northeast. It was outside behind the peoria river plex. TWY played right before fireworks and were awesome.

Then fireworks set up to play and the first song they were going to play was "From Mountain Movers to Lazy Losers". 10 seconds into the song right before the gang vocals that go "We're Holding On" , they cut the power on us and shut the show down and kicked everybody out because they had a strict 10PM rule.

Luckily one of the kids in attendance, his parents owned the Planet X roller rink in Pekin and let us move the show to there. There was about 30-40 of us who caravanned over there.

I helped with it yeah! Fun show. Sad that that was the last time they came to central illinois. They used to come like 4 times a year or so.

Fun fact: I actually discovered The Wonder Years by putting on a fireworks show in Peoria. They brought TWY out on what was their first actual tour outside of the northeast. It was outside behind the peoria river plex. TWY played right before fireworks and were awesome.

Then fireworks set up to play and the first song they were going to play was "From Mountain Movers to Lazy Losers". 10 seconds into the song right before the gang vocals that go "We're Holding On" , they cut the power on us and shut the show down and kicked everybody out because they had a strict 10PM rule.

Luckily one of the kids in attendance, his parents owned the Planet X roller rink in Pekin and let us move the show to there. There was about 30-40 of us who caravanned over there.

Yeah, that Morton show was a blast. I convinced my family to cut our vacation a day short so I could make it, and I've never once regretted it. I wish I had known about their earlier shows in the area. I've definitely heard the stories about that TWY/Fireworks show before. Makes me wish I had gotten involved in that scene sooner.

Spinning this now, I can def dig it :D Def a lot more appealing than the last album...... that tooth song.

Just picked up my copy from HT last night. Cannot wait to spin it hopefully tomorrow.

Also if anyone is in the northeast Ohio area. The HT at Chapel Hill had a few copies.

When did they start carrying vinyl? Last time I went there, they said they didn't have any albums....then again that was probably awhile ago!

Spinning this now, I can def dig it :D Def a lot more appealing than the last album...... that tooth song.

When did they start carrying vinyl? Last time I went there, they said they didn't have any albums....then again that was probably awhile ago!

Just recently. I had no idea they were until Travis posted a list of stores carrying an album (maybe this one?) and I was shocked to see Chapel Hill was on there. When I picked up a copy I talked to a guy there and he said they are getting rid of all of their cds and only carrying vinyl.

Just recently. I had no idea they were until Travis posted a list of stores carrying an album (maybe this one?) and I was shocked to see Chapel Hill was on there. When I picked up a copy I talked to a guy there and he said they are getting rid of all of their cds and only carrying vinyl.

Thats pretty rad, maybe in the future I will check at that mall. Strongsville has always been my go to HT vinyl shop.....they also have the best Chipotle attached to the mall :P

Thats pretty rad, maybe in the future I will check at that mall. Strongsville has always been my go to HT vinyl shop.....they also have the best Chipotle attached to the mall :P

Truth. Southpark (Strongsville) is a better place to go. Ive been in Kent for farrrrrrr too long which is why I go to Chapel Hill more often than not.

For anyone around the area, Young Ones has one copy of the EP left. They're only allowing one per customer, so I wasn't able to pick up an extra copy. 

If you're around the area and don't want it, you should still go pick it up and give it to a board member that needs it! 

For anyone around the area, Young Ones has one copy of the EP left. They're only allowing one per customer, so I wasn't able to pick up an extra copy.

If you're around the area and don't want it, you should still go pick it up and give it to a board member that needs it!

If anyone wants to do this, or pick it up for me anywhere, I'll buy your vinyl/cd for you!