Vaginyl Collective Redux (Men view at their own risk).

-tess.

I have a friend who prefers those as well.  I'm going to try my best to remember too.

This is kind of on topic I guess, but I always hated how my name was a "boy's name" growing up, but now I appreciate that it is gender-neutral (same can be said about Logan and Jamie)... I just wish other people would stop assuming it was always a boy's name.  One time I was addressed as they over the phone and I thought that was very gender conscious of them.

there are a lot of unique names on this board, I like it.

there was a time when I hated having to answer all the questions about my name. 'So what's your real name?' and 'Madie, what's that short for, Madeline?'

which are totally justifiable questions, I was just a bitter teenager.

Now I like them, they're a perfect ice breaker when meeting someone new.

I get the questions, too.  "Oh, where did your parents get that name from?" or "Ashley? Austin? Ashlyn?"

Patrick Swayze, and no, no, no.

"Oh, well that's different."

Ashton Kutcher helped with the pronunciation questions, but I still get asked "How's Demi?" which I can only assume will become "How's Mila?"

there are a lot of unique names on this board, I like it.

there was a time when I hated having to answer all the questions about my name. 'So what's your real name?' and 'Madie, what's that short for, Madeline?'

which are totally justifiable questions, I was just a bitter teenager.

Now I like them, they're a perfect ice breaker when meeting someone new.

one of my roommates from college was named katie (we all called her kate) and everyone would always ask her what it was short for, and she was like '...katie. my name is katie.' her parents just wanted to name her katie, people! ya dig?!

I had a customer at work who named her kids Devin and Darby, both females. We talked about how gender neutral names are great and how we all hate them growing up but as we're older we realize the value of them.

I have definitely been given more opportunities because people thought I was male. Sad but true fact.

For that reason alone, if I ever manage to have children...I think I'll give them neutral names as well.

thing i did not know about my name, thanks to wiki:

Allison also has separate roots as a family name, which is of disputed meaning. When the surname Allison is used as a given name, it is traditionally masculine.[3]

which is funny, because that's my name in part because it's a family name (and my mom always said she was going to have a little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes and name her Allison. so my mom is livin' the dream.)

I think mine means something like 'the light of god' which is quite cheesy.

I still haven't grown out of my dislike for my name. Even my middle name is pretty outdated and old sounding: Cheryl. Yuck.

Edit: Just looked it up, it's actually "God is my judge" because that's much better...

and the meaning on Urban Dictionary is pretty funny:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=danielle

"Buckcherry released a song about Danielle titled "CRAZY BITCH" in 2006" haha

Comment your " SIGN " 
♦ Libra - Sex Addict
♦ Virgo - Awesome Sex Skills
♦ Aries - The God Of Sex
♦ Aquarius - Likes It Wet
♦ Gemini - Super Sexy
♦ Leo - Animal In Bed
♦ Cancer - Sensual Lover
♦ Pisces - Loves To Cuddle