Vaginyl Collective Redux (Men view at their own risk).

-tess.

I really don't think long distance relationships are that bad. However, since I'm not a physical person, that aspect has never been an issue for me. Sometimes it's just cool to be mentally there for someone and vice versa.

It sucks, and it's getting harder for me as time goes on. phone calls and texts only do so much.

Yeah, I could imagine for anyone else who doesn't share the same...complexities...as I do, it would be really hard.

My absolute best friends live in Florida and the worst is not being able to be there to physically support them in times of need and vice versa. I see them once every few years if I'm lucky.

But romantic relationships are better to start long distance for me because I can't be physical in the way a normal relationship demands.

I generally get bored with boys real fast though, so it never lasts long before I'm like "deuces, bro."

I'm a real piece of work romantically.

yes moving in july *hopefully*. It all depends if I can get a job there.

logan, to be honest I still don't fully understand it. I watched a documentary on netflix about asexuality before you even started posting here and I just could not grasp it. it must be so difficult to explain to people.

the dude the doc was about took a group to a pride parade, and even all the gay dudes were like ‘what the fuck’ to the asexuals. it seems like it’s not understood at all even amoung the most opened minded people.

Yeah, it's super hard to explain. I don't mine trying but some people can be really ignorant.

Some of my favorites are "so are you like...a starfish?" (No I cannot reproduce on my own.)

"But humans are meant to feel sexual attraction, what you're saying is impossible." (Humans are meant to be a lot of things but that doesn't mean we are them.)

"You just need a good lay." (Please go fuck yourself.)

I don't think it's something people can understand, but as long as they respect my choices it's fine. A lot more people identify as asexual than you'd think but because it's so unheard of, they don't really know why they feel differently about sex.

The most popular is demisexuality, which means you only experience sexual attraction when you develop deep emotions for someone.

Grey a is when you mostly identify asexual but still experience some sexual attraction.

As of right now I identify as romantic asexual, so I experience romantic attraction just not sexual.

I'm more than likely betting I'll eventually identify with the demisexual side of things but I will never really know unless I "fall in love" with someone.

Basically, I just need someone who is really chill and patient.

But I can't even to begin explaining the guilt I would feel not being able to be physical with someone who needs it.

Yeah, it's super hard to explain. I don't mine trying but some people can be really ignorant.

Some of my favorites are "so are you like...a starfish?" (No I cannot reproduce on my own.)

"But humans are meant to feel sexual attraction, what you're saying is impossible." (Humans are meant to be a lot of things but that doesn't mean we are them.)

"You just need a good lay." (Please go fuck yourself.)

I don't think it's something people can understand, but as long as they respect my choices it's fine. A lot more people identify as asexual than you'd think but because it's so unheard of, they don't really know why they feel differently about sex.

The most popular is demisexuality, which means you only experience sexual attraction when you develop deep emotions for someone.

Grey a is when you mostly identify asexual but still experience some sexual attraction.

As of right now I identify as romantic asexual, so I experience romantic attraction just not sexual.

I'm more than likely betting I'll eventually identify with the demisexual side of things but I will never really know unless I "fall in love" with someone.

Basically, I just need someone who is really chill and patient.

But I can't even to begin explaining the guilt I would feel not being able to be physical with someone who needs it.

Wow. That must be pretty difficult to deal with. Especially "You just need a good lay". What the hell is wrong with people!? I'm sorry you have to deal with assholes like that.

It sucks, and it's getting harder for me as time goes on. phone calls and texts only do so much.

let me clarify, my whole "long distance is dumb" shpiel does not apply to you and bruise. You guys did it the right way. If i could write a good example of how to make a long distance relationship work... well i would stop writing it and just point at you.

Also, when I went to type bruise, I accidentally wrote Brudie. Which from now on will be your couple name.

Yeaaaah, people have weird reactions to things they can't comprehend sometimes. I'm very open about it though and I'll always answer questions. The "you need a good lay" is probably the only thing that gets to me. And if I ever have a significant other, it'll probably get me down a lot when people bombard him with things like "wow, that sucks how do you handle it?" And "you're a total hero to all men for being in a relationship without sex."

But you know it will happen.

I'm just very demonized as being prude and withholding pleasure from people. Also the aspect of "does that mean you won't/can't bare children?"

Asexuals get the same awful sides as the rest of LGBTQ(A), but we get it from everyone.

Luckily most people have been very respectful toward me.

I think I always knew, I just never knew what to call it. I've always been really sensitive about being touched but I could never understand in middle school while all these kids were just like...making out and dry humping each other. I always thought it was really gross and I didn't completely comprehend everything. When people started having sex in high school, it still really freaked me out. I just kind of assumed there were weird people who developed early and then people like me that just didn't have sex. I guess in my mind, sex was only something people did after they were married to have kids. I never thought it was something people actually wanted to do. I didn't have a religious upbringing, so it's not like that behavior was ingrained in me. I just knew sex made me hella uncomfortable and it was total shock when I realized most people I was surrounded by were having sex.

It wasn't until after I graduated that I saw a girl posting about asexuality on Tumblr (I know, ew, gross tumblr and girls) and things just clicked. I researched a lot and identified. It's really helped me grow as a person to put a label on it, just because I didn't understand why I wasn't feeling things like others.

a penis in here will not go over well, half of the girls like ladies, and we have one who would prefer to not see private parts of either gender.

get with it charlie! B)

right on. :)

gotta say, i know this feeling: "It's really helped me grow as a person to put a label on it, just because I didn't understand why I wasn't feeling things like others."

at age 17/18 i was a very confused sad panda.

Yeah, there are so many people who are like "DOWN WITH LABELS!!!! I don't label myself because I'm just a human!!!"

But they really can help.

I label my sexuality but I don't like to label myself stylistically. (Apparently people refer to me as a weird goth/punk princess hybrid. K.)

Also I'm a very gender neutral person but I don't label myself that way either because overall I identify female and with female pronouns.

Being a person is a very, very, very strange thing.

I say just identify how you want to and roll with it.

tbh i always preferred the big GI Joe dolls because they actually had molded plastic underwear instead of ken's whatever that is. also they came with way cooler accessories than ken ever did.

I never even really payed attention to that stuff. Probably because I enjoyed sadistically torturing every toy I owned.

i enjoyed picturing charlie going to google and typing 'perfect penis picture'

Now that you mention it, that is a really great way to imagine it.