PO: Floor - Oblation

Shipping for my record + 7" was less than $4. Though I've read other people saying that such cheap shipping wasn't an option. Truly a clunky/odd label that I hope to never order from again.

I've ordered from them a few times and never really had an issue, but they're not really a label that I'm excited to order from either.  Their releases seem a little overpriced to me and it seems like almost everything I get from them has a slight warp.  I'll keep supporting the bands on Season of Mist, but I'll also keep hoping they find homes elsewhere. :)

I have been real bad at keeping up with concerts around me lately, but I now see that they are playing hear two weeks from today, at this bar near me that keeps about 98% of shows free....this is one of them! Saw Torche when they toured with CoC, but I am pumped to see some Floor stuff played live.

Big thanks to my mail lady who looks like Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man for roundhouse kicking the package all the way to my doorstep!! I flattened it out a bit but the top & bottom corners were all banged up. 

Other than that I'm very happy with this album. The songs rule & the packaging is awesome. 

10336620_10152424470189787_5261972808309

At first I thought this album was good, but not really necessary. It's really growing on me since I got the vinyl in last week. Steve Brooks just knows how to get in my head and stay there. The House of Lightning album rips in the weirdest ways as well, if anyone hasn't checked it out yet.

At first I thought this album was good, but not really necessary. It's really growing on me since I got the vinyl in last week. Steve Brooks just knows how to get in my head and stay there. The House of Lightning album rips in the weirdest ways as well, if anyone hasn't checked it out yet.

I agree 100%.

I received my deluxe copy last week along with the shirt and I have to say I am pretty happy with all. The vinyl is killer and the shirt is awesome. I've had really bad experiences lately buying shirts with records, they ended up being crap most of the times, but this one is really good quality and great design, above expectations

going to see them tonight here in AZ. Does anyone know what variant of Oblation they have with them on tour? Been holding out to pick it up tonight, but have the Below and Beyond set and want to keep my Floor records colored :]

They have the clear vinyl variant (/400) for sale. Although the copy they had on display at the merch table was the blue vinyl pressing (/300). I asked the merch girl if they had anymore blue and see said no. I didn't think to ask if I could have the display copy.

They have the clear vinyl variant (/400) for sale. Although the copy they had on display at the merch table was the blue vinyl pressing (/300). I asked the merch girl if they had anymore blue and see said no. I didn't think to ask if I could have the display copy.

damn I meant to grab one, but couldn't swing it last night funds wise. As long as it wasn't some super exclusive then I don't feel like I missed out and will pick up a copy online. Speaking of the merch girl though, man, be still my heart she was an ultra babe. Awesome show too. Thrones was meh for me, but Floor ripped that tiny bar up. So loud, so rad, unbeatable! 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that it's a bit of a gimmick how SoM has gone about pressing the deluxe version tracks.

At first I thought the two tracks on the 7" that came with Oblation (The Ladder/Diamond Daves Are Forever) were new tracks that just didn't make the cut on the full album but just found out that they've already been released on the Below & Beyond release by RE.

And now they're selling a 12" that has Shadowline coupled with Homegoings and Transitions. I'm all for Shadowline being on vinyl as it's one of my favourite tracks on Oblation and I was a bit bummed out that they couldn't fit it on the wax with the whole album. Putting it together with a track that was already on the full album and then having the second side etched seems a bit of an odd choice to me though.

http://shop.season-of-mist.com/floor-homegoings-and-transitions-shadowline-lp

• 2 months later...