Help me come up with a decent setup? ...on a budget

Okay, so I know I've come here already asking for opinions and ultimately, I've decided to leave it up to you guys. The wife has allowed me $600 for a new setup so that's my budget. 

So, here goes. With my given budget ($500-550 would be more ideal, but $600 is my max) I'm hoping someone can help me build an entire system. Right now I have a Crosley and I refuse to spin my stuff on it.

I know most people will suggest I buy used. If possible I'd like to get a new or like-new turntable and good receiver and speakers. 

Obviously I won't be able to buy the best within my price range, all I ask is that any suggestions be purchasable immediately. I'm ready to play my records and don't have a lot of time to dig around ebay for the best deals. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm a sucker for tables and receivers with the stainless steel look but this isn't a necessity.

Maybe I'll snag the same setup with a similar but slightly lesser budget. Decided to sell my LP60 and instead of waiting for the Uturn Orbit to get shipped, I'll break the bank and buy a Debut.

Where do you guys find the Debut for under $400?

I bought everything from Amazon for a grand total of $690. That's a great price in my opinion for what seems to be (according to the vast majority) a really good entry level setup.

Ah, the good ol' "What I have that makes what you have shit."

Gonna bite the bullet and wait for an Orbit after all. Other stuff seems cheap compared to a Debut Carbon, but $100 each for amp and pre-amp, and $150-200 for speakers, and we're double the $400 out of nowhere. Gonna grab the Orbit, a $50 amp and $50 pre-amp, and some Pioneer SB-BS22 speakers. Gonna be significantly better than my LP60 anyway.

I've spent $700 on my turntable alone, and I feel my set up is entry level.

Yeah, same here...

Ah, the good ol' "What I have that makes what you have shit."

Don't think he meant it this way...but looking at other setups on this board, you have to say that there are some insane amounts of money spent for setups :D

Other than that, I have to say that (IN MY CASE) I was rather waiting and saving some money over time and withhold buying something in order to buy a decent setup....

this has been plastered everywhere, but it may still be worth mentioning that a lot of people are getting the Debut Carbon for ~$340 from Musician's Friend by calling and asking for their perpetual 15% discount.   They stopped taking the codes online some time ago, but they will probably still apply it to a phone order.

I cannot fathom spending nearly the same $$ (with the upgrades) and waiting for months to buy from a company with zero track record.

Call Musician's Friend up. Ask if they have any discounts. I was leaning toward the Orbit as well because of the price, but in that time that you're waiting for the Uturn to arrive (it's a while), you could have saved twice as much as the difference between the two tables.

Just got my Pro-Ject yesterday. It's beautiful.

Good point. I'm over the butt hurt. Just sucks to feel like you're at the bottom of the ladder.

Is the Orbit plus the budget options for amp and preamp on the uturn page plus Pioneer Sp bs22 speakers a decent setup compared to the lp60?

We all have to start somewhere but value wise and sonically your records deserve better than an LP60.

Records are perishable so you would be really pissed down the line when those first records you had bought are now impossible to get and your cheap turntable had prematurely worn them.

I have a very similar setup.  I've got the Cambridge Azur 551p pre-amp, a Rotel integrated amp coupled with the passive Audioengine P4s.  The Audioengine speaks are definitely a great value for someone with a small room.  Great sounding but lack a little in the bass department.  A sub would help out a lot.  I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my turntable situation.

Can you link to those passive audio engines? All the ones I have seen on Amazon appeared to be powered.

I definitely would want to A pair of speakers with some thump but not to the point of needing a sub woofer

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Passive-Speaker-Systems/P4B-Passive-Bookshelf-Speakers