THE GREAT DEBATE VOL. 2: Sandwich Edition

Chipotle is probably the farthest thing from authentic (ignoring our fast foodies), I dislike it, I also find it hilarious how you see Mexican cooks in every restaurant, any type of food, but at Chipotle you have white people making it.

FRESH the food taste FRESH everything at taco bell taste contrived and artificial 

I guess I was just super nervous, being a first official date and all (Taco Bell wasn't exactly planned, by the way. We were just out and about and got hungry). I ended up inhaling half of a chili cheese burrito and for the first time in my life (and still only time) I started choking to the point beyond control. He had to get up and perform the heimlich maneuver on me forcing my chunk of burrito to fly back onto my tray.

We ended up dating for a few months. Props to him for sticking around after that.

Did you re eat the regurgitated chunk?

Never been to Taco Johns, but if I had to pick between the current list it would be Del Taco hands down.

Now, if you want to add another completely superior taco chain I would vote for Jimboys http://jimboystacos.com/

They are mostly located in the Sacramento area and they are superior in every way. Their shells are fried, but still foldable, soft and crispy. They dust it with parmesan and fill it with seasoned ground beef, a slice of American, lettuce, grated cheese, and tomatoes. Frickin' amazing. I'm lucky that I have relatives up there and I get to hit it every now and then. I want to open up a franchise here is Oakland. I would be rich.

I don't think I've ever had Del Taco.  True story.

I went on an impressive Taco Bell hiatus for a while there.  Prior to the end of last year, I hadn't eaten Taco Bell in something like six years.  I decided to give it another chance last November or so, and I've been hitting them up periodically since then.  My bowels and I have had smooth sailing thus far, knock on wood.

You guys ever fuck with Cafe Rio?  Hands down the best Mexican food chain I've ever had.  They have a signature pulled-pork taco that's out of this world.  The chain is unfortunately owned by Mormons, so they're exclusive to the Utah area.

I don't think I've ever had Del Taco. True story.

I went on an impressive Taco Bell hiatus for a while there. Prior to the end of last year, I hadn't eaten Taco Bell in something like six years. I decided to give it another chance last November or so, and I've been hitting them up periodically since then. My bowels and I have had smooth sailing thus far, knock on wood.

You guys ever fuck with Cafe Rio? Hands down the best Mexican food chain I've ever had. They have a signature pulled-pork taco that's out of this world. The chain is unfortunately owned by Mormons, so they're exclusive to the Utah area.

Cafe Rio is pretty good. I usually prefer Qdoba over it though. Qdoba is my jam.

Del Taco! - Their spicy jack quesadillas are awesome, whereas quesadillas at Taco Bell are always full of cold unmelted cheese (and TB cheese tastes fake and terrible anyway). Del Taco's beans are usually pretty good, whereas Taco Bell's are more like salty bean sauce. I've been to Taco John's a couple times while traveling and thought it was the worst.

Never heard of taco johns but in regards to tbell vs del the only suitable del is in Barstow on the way to Vegas.

If you live in California there shouldn't be a shortage of legit taco places that you don't need to eat either of those garbage places (although I do have a weak spot for tbell when I'm drunk)

Del Taco! - Their spicy jack quesadillas are awesome, whereas quesadillas at Taco Bell are always full of cold unmelted cheese (and TB cheese tastes fake and terrible anyway). Del Taco's beans are usually pretty good, whereas Taco Bell's are more like salty bean sauce. I've been to Taco John's a couple times while traveling and thought it was the worst.

Taco Bell keeps their beans in a pump. Aka, they pump your beans onto your tortilla. When I was at Del Taco today I saw they had all their uncooked beans in plastic tupperware so I'm guessing they don't use the pump method. Just for reference.

Taco Bell keeps their beans in a pump. Aka, they pump your beans onto your tortilla. When I was at Del Taco today I saw they had all their uncooked beans in plastic tupperware so I'm guessing they don't use the pump method. Just for reference.

As long as it's sanitary and doesn't affect flavor, Taco Bell could keep their beans in an old boot for all I care.