PO: Chiodos - Devil

I'll definitely agree with you on all the points in this post. Especially that Craig is too loud on this, and Tilian/Jon are too loud on Acceptance Speech. I don't know about Childos, but DGD used a different producer and even though Kris mixed them, it's still very different. I still think the producer was intimated by how different Tilian's voice is and wasn't sure how he needed to do it. I think their next album is going to be much more well-done once the guys settle in with Tilian, and they said they might use Kris to record with again.

Sorry to bring this a little off topic with Chiodos, but Malpass, who produced Acceptance Speech, has a lot of experience with Tilian. He also did Tides of Man's Empire Theory and Tilian's solo record.

Sorry to bring this a little off topic with Chiodos, but Malpass, who produced Acceptance Speech, has a lot of experience with Tilian. He also did Tides of Man's Empire Theory and Tilian's solo record.

Oh, really? Then I really don't know what happened with the way it sounded. Very oddly done, to me at least.

Oh, really? Then I really don't know what happened with the way it sounded. Very oddly done, to me at least.

I happen to totally agree, just wanted to point that out. I think I remember a couple of us saying something similar when it was released. One of the few drawbacks of a rad album. I still listen to Acceptance Speech weekly. 

As for new Chiodos: not feeling it at all. Bolmer was something special  :( I'll echo what many have said and assert that Illuminaudio was their best from front to back.

I happen to totally agree, just wanted to point that out. I think I remember a couple of us saying something similar when it was released. One of the few drawbacks of a rad album. I still listen to Acceptance Speech weekly.

As for new Chiodos: not feeling it at all. Bolmer was something special :( I'll echo what many have said and assert that Illuminaudio was their best from front to back.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I love having random knowledge when it comes to my favorite bands. (That wS serious, I'm not being sarcastic :P) I would've never guessed that. It's so drastically different from Tides and definitely from Tilian. Last bit of off-topic DGD-reared-ish stuff: I really want Tilian to do a full acoustic version of his solo album . Ghosts and Favor the Gods acoustically were so fucking beautiful.

And yeah... This album is... Uh, different. It has some pretty damn good songs on it,, and some pretty awful ones. I never thought I'd say this, and 16 year old me is gonna be pissed, but they fucked up by kicking Bolmer and their drummer (Frost? That sounds right but idk) out and letting Craig back in. I suppose after the letdown that was DRUGS (to me), I shouldn't be so surprised. Not sure what happened to Craig.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I love having random knowledge when it comes to my favorite bands. (That wS serious, I'm not being sarcastic :P) I would've never guessed that. It's so drastically different from Tides and definitely from Tilian. Last bit of off-topic DGD-reared-ish stuff: I really want Tilian to do a full acoustic version of his solo album . Ghosts and Favor the Gods acoustically were so fucking beautiful.

And yeah... This album is... Uh, different. It has some pretty damn good songs on it,, and some pretty awful ones. I never thought I'd say this, and 16 year old me is gonna be pissed, but they fucked up by kicking Bolmer and their drummer (Frost? That sounds right but idk) out and letting Craig back in. I suppose after the letdown that was DRUGS (to me), I shouldn't be so surprised. Not sure what happened to Craig.

No, Frost was the original guy who they kicked out because he and Craig couldn't get along in the first place and who they brought back with Craig!!!  The drummer on Illuminaudio is Tanner Wayne.  Used to be in a fill in drummer for Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Underoath, and I think most recently Letlive. but I could be wrong.  Yeah, the way the band just stopped talking to and corresponding with Brandon and Tanner was lame.  Then, when Jason left citing being "over it", I should've seen this coming.  Oh well, I agree with others, there are a couple of great songs, but the rest is so disappointing. 

No, Frost was the original guy who they kicked out because he and Craig couldn't get along in the first place and who they brought back with Craig!!! The drummer on Illuminaudio is Tanner Wayne. Used to be in a fill in drummer for Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Underoath, and I think most recently Letlive. but I could be wrong. Yeah, the way the band just stopped talking to and corresponding with Brandon and Tanner was lame. Then, when Jason left citing being "over it", I should've seen this coming. Oh well, I agree with others, there are a couple of great songs, but the rest is so disappointing.

Ah, either way, the drumming on Illuminaudio was fantastic.

Update going out later today:

For anyone that may have pre-ordered vinyl we wanted to advise you that due to some problems with shipping, a portion of the orders containing the picture disc or red/grey smoke pressings may be slightly delayed. This was out of the hands of everyone involved. The vinyl will arrive tomorrow or Monday at Merchnow and will begin shipping again immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my red in last week and I found the album to be a huge step back from anything enjoyable they've done in the past. Craig sounds like a pop singer and there is very little guitar work that interests me. I'm pretty disappointed at how bad it is. To each his own but I should have been expecting this with all the crap Chiodos has done the last few years.