Soon: Helms Alee / Young Widows Split 12"

Why are we so caught up on the source of the info?

For me, I just like to know where I can refer to the official source. Just a weird pet peeve of mine I guess. I probably was so concerned because as someone somewhat pointed out, I prefer (keyword) black vinyl and was probably going to hound someone (SH or one of the bands) about whether or not there will potentially be a black variant.

McPherson only buys black vinyl and wants to check if this is legit so he can know whether or not he's buying

This post is only about 25% accurate and that's being generous. (Not that it matters)

I prefer black vinyl and always like to ask if there will be a black variant available when new titles are announced. That much is true.

I do NOT "only [buy] black vinyl."

I never questioned the legitimacy of the post or the release.

And finally, I have not necessarily decided whether or not I'm buying it but if the price is right and the tracks are all exclusive to this release, I can safely say I'm going to be buying it, whether there's a black variant or not.... but yes, officially, I would prefer black.

Thanks for kind of remembering something about me ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This should show up just about the time I'm getting burnt out on Sleepwalking Sailors (it's been receiving a ton of play since I picked it up earlier this month).  Helms seems like they've been really prolific lately, I wonder if they just ended up with a bunch that didn't make it onto Sailors or if they've been doing a lot of different recording sessions.

They're coming to RVA!! Strange Matter tho'. No parking. But it's a Thursday and VCU semester should be over. So that's good but also they might (probably) not pack the place either.  Hmm... deletedunknown would know better than on that one. 

Whether to PO or wait and pick up the record at the show?

Cool. Just saw that HA and YW are gonna be playing together in Raleigh in May.

I'll hold out and hope they still have some of these splits on tour.

That color looks nice!

That's where we usually have to go: King's B/Local 506/Cat's Cradle.  Might we worth the 3 hr drive as Strange Matter has gone downhill with their sound system.

• 1 month later...