PO: Audrey Fall - Mitau (FFO: Russian Circles, Saxon Shore, Caspian)

They made it sound like something happened - presumably life - which has interfered with their ability to write new material. I can respect that, especially if it means they won't be half-assing a new album inbetween jobs / kids / whatever, over a stretch of years. I just hope that taking a break from writing and recording may free up a bit of time for lesser-demanding projects... like a Mitau vinyl press. They're acknowledging the success of that debut – they really have nothing to lose with getting a small press done. I think it would easily sell out.

Bummer news. I was wondering recently why they seemed to stop posting on their social networking sites and I guess this is the reason. I kind of saw it coming in that respect, but I was hoping I was wrong. Still holding out for a vinyl release, though. If anything (and this may just be my optimism speaking) news of their breakup will reach some labels who'll want to press this thing. (*cough*Mylene Sheath*cough*)

I think the Sheath is heading in another direction.

Unless you're a post rock heavy hitter, with a reputation and back catalog, I'm guessing all bets are off.

I agree that the whole Heiress signing took me a bit by surprise (I think that's what you're referring to), but I think that that was an oddball. While I admit that the actual chances of Audrey Fall releasing this through the Sheath are pretty slim, I don't know that anyone would be complaining, and certainly nobody would think it's out of place what with releases the likes of Jakob, Caspian, Lavinia, GFE, Giants, etc. decorating their discography. It would be damn cool - that's all I know.

They answered my tweet yesterday, just taking a break, not breaking up, not ruling out a vinyl press in the future.

I think the era of 'discovery' of bands in the post- realm of the likes of Caspian, Giants, etc. that then get bigger and move up the indie label ladder to leave the old label  behind is slowing down/taking a toll on labels like Sheath.  So, they need to step themselves up the ladder to stay viable and make enough $ for all the blood, sweat, tears, time and cash layout to actually put this music onto the medium we love.

Slyvinyl would be a GREAT fit for Audrey Fall, no? There are several others, too, I can think of --- though most of us are Sheath blood because J&L do such a great job.

edit for word processing

• 8 years later...
  • omik11303 changed the title to PO: Audrey Fall - Mitau (FFO: Russian Circles, Saxon Shore, Caspian)