Nirvana - Bleach Colored LP (2x Newbury Comics /750 & /750)

Pre-order the album Bleach by Nirvana on Maroon & Black Swirl or Clear & White Vinyl. These exclusive pressings from Newbury Comics and Sub Pop Records are hand-numbered, limited* to only 750 pieces each, and come with a digital download card.

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=551

Another way overpriced record from Newbury! Hooray! Even more so this time!

~$35 ppd. each.

Or from Amazon on black for ~$14.

Yet another thread where people complain about how expensive vinyl is...

And justifiably so.  Pretty absurd markup, though hardly surprising at this point.  The double-dip approach is new, though, and especially lolsy on behalf of Newbury.  2014 has seen them beating the shit out of the color-crazed "collector's" wallets.

And justifiably so.  Pretty absurd markup, though hardly surprising at this point.  The double-dip approach is new, though, and especially lolsy on behalf of Newbury.  2014 has seen them beating the shit out of the color-crazed "collector's" wallets.

How would you know what the mark up is when you dont know what they paid for them?

represses are becoming more expensive than OG presses.

its redic.

im for represses. i love em. but fucks sake. repress a PLAIN FUCKING BLACK RECORD. i dont give a shit for hand numbered crap. just another way to upcharge the fuck out of it.

places arent about repressing anymore, they know what people want.

limited

colored

hand numbered

How would you know what the mark up is when you dont know what they paid for them?

If they paid close to the price per unit that they're asking for, then that's their error.  My comment was a reflection of gkersey's: it takes very little effort to find a copy of this for under $20 PPD.  Even a go-to source like Amazon has it for less than $15.  Pretty sure the vinyl itself sounds identical, unless I missed mention of a remastering process.  Changing the color of the wax and stamping a number on the back of the jacket doesn't seem like it'd double the cost to produce these.  But I'm not in the vinyl production business, so who am I to say?

Are people seriously coming in here to justify a 100%+ markup for something that costs like a dollar extra at the pressing plant

No one is mad, just disappointed/confused. Similar to the Dumb and Dumber soundtrack, it's a question of why the fuck does this exist and who would actually buy this? Bleach has been in print for what, 24 years? There are even a bunch of colored variants through the years if you want to be a nerd. Just because something will sell doesn't mean it's not retarded.

Are people seriously coming in here to justify a 100%+ markup for something that costs like a dollar extra at the pressing plant

No one is mad, just disappointed/confused. Similar to the Dumb and Dumber soundtrack, it's a question of why the fuck does this exist and who would actually buy this? Bleach has been in print for what, 24 years? There are even a bunch of colored variants through the years if you want to be a nerd. Just because something will sell doesn't mean it's not retarded.

I actually peeked on Discogs earlier to see what sort of prices were currently available for copies of Bleach.  The number of pressings and variants made my head spin.

Also, everything Charlie said.  This isn't about having the record readily available again.  It's a massive cash-grab.  But like Alex said, that shouldn't surprise or frustrate anyone by now, considering the past few months and Newbury releases.

(I'll openly admit that I didn't expect to see two separate variants, though.)