Yelp Review Assistance

Hi All,

I have a favor to ask.  I have been buying record collections and reselling for quite a while but I'm finally going to jump off the deep end and try to make it a part time, hopefully leading to full time, business.  However, this is not going to be your average record store, this is a Northern, VA / DC / MD rolling record store.  I hope through Yelp more people will contact me to buy their collections for inventory and show interest in coming out to the rolling sales.  Instead of having to drag their collections to the store, regardless of size, I go to them.  Once I buy collections a few times a month I will announce a rolling sale on my FB page, website which I'm working on now, and other local sites.  I've been doing these pop up sales all summer and people really enjoy them.  My prices are much cheaper than record stores and at each sale I've had 1,000 to 1,500 lps.  I have had 4 sales in the past 3 months and they have been quite successful.  Here's where I need some help.  If you guys and gals could help me with some reviews, and yes, I know they're fake but it helps with exposure at the moment, it would be greatly appreciated.  If you don't want to help, I understand, but please do not leave a 1 or 2 star review out of spite.  They don't all have to be five star reviews, but higher reviews are helpful.  Also, if you live in the NoVA / DC / MD area and want to be on my e-mail list for the rolling sales send it over and I'll get in touch the week of our next one to let you know when/where it will be.

Thanks for helping make a dream come true!

Here's the link:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/boops-records-alexandria

you can't just ask for good reviews from people that you haven't served. the correct way to do this would be to pass out card's at your next rolling sale asking to please leave positive feedback on yelp in order to spread the word. maybe even offer an incentive such as a 10% coupon at the next sale with proof of a review or something along those lines. then everyone wins and at least they're your actual customers giving a legit rating.

You guys are right.  After reading a few responses I agree that it's not ethical to ask for reviews from people I haven't served yet.  Please disregard my request, it was clearly in poor taste and I realize I'm going about this the wrong way. 

That being said, does anyone have cool ideas for this business?  I think it's a cool model, sort of similar to the rolling record store Jack White does.  I hope to get a school bus at some point, gut it, and put in record shelves and have that be the rolling store. 

This seems like it would be a financial black hole.

There is a reason most "mobile food carts" actually just stay in one spot. Novelty wears off after a short time and then you're left with a bunch of records and a bus that you have to maintain, gas and insure. I think what you're doing right now is a good move and a fun hobby, but going much beyond it does seem like it'll cost you more than you make in the long run.

Good luck to you if you do pursue it, though. I hope it works out.