iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

And the salesman wasn't shitty, he was just doing his job.  All companies are panning the unlimited data options and each rep has been told that they are NOT to have customers continue on their unlimited plans.  Best Buy doesn't give a shit because they don't actually work for the cell providers. 

And the salesman wasn't shitty, he was just doing his job. All companies are panning the unlimited data options and each rep has been told that they are NOT to have customers continue on their unlimited plans. Best Buy doesn't give a shit because they don't actually work for the cell providers.

Not where I work. Keeping customers on the unlimited plan costs an additional $20 now. I'm constantly recommending that they keep it because it's more than likely never coming back.

And the salesman wasn't shitty, he was just doing his job. All companies are panning the unlimited data options and each rep has been told that they are NOT to have customers continue on their unlimited plans. Best Buy doesn't give a shit because they don't actually work for the cell providers.

Guess I'll never go to a carrier again!

I definitely will be going with a plus next time. Also a loophole that has worked/did work for awhile was if you have a family plan you could use another person's upgrade, put the phone in their name for 24hrs, then swap out sim cards and give the person your upgrade and bam!. This way you always had unlimited data....it was a loophole in the contacts after AT&T nerfed their plans.

• 7 months later...

I need some assistance from anyone who is savvy on these.

My iPhone 5 finally died on me. Just crapped out completely and not only did the glass separate from the bulging battery but it's "cracked" enough that now the home button is not working and thusly can't get into the unlock screen. So I am essentially locked out of my own phone unless someone texts me and I swipe to get into the message.

So. I also changed my AT&T plan to one more affordable and less costly for me.

Now I am faced with the question on which iPhone to upgrade to...6S or 6S Plus or 7 or 7 Plus. It feels that the size difference between the regular and plus is too great and the Plus is way too big. But the regular is too small and not much of a size difference from the 5. Of course each device will have its inherent problems and issues in this post-Bill Gates world. So, which device should I switch to? Help me decide, VC.

4 hours ago, jhulud said:

I need some assistance from anyone who is savvy on these.

My iPhone 5 finally died on me. Just crapped out completely and not only did the glass separate from the bulging battery but it's "cracked" enough that now the home button is not working and thusly can't get into the unlock screen. So I am essentially locked out of my own phone unless someone texts me and I swipe to get into the message.

So. I also changed my AT&T plan to one more affordable and less costly for me.

Now I am faced with the question on which iPhone to upgrade to...6S or 6S Plus or 7 or 7 Plus. It feels that the size difference between the regular and plus is too great and the Plus is way too big. But the regular is too small and not much of a size difference from the 5. Of course each device will have its inherent problems and issues in this post-Bill Gates world. So, which device should I switch to? Help me decide, VC.

I personally love the plus sizes. They aren't too big for me at all. Most of my friends who think it's too big think the smaller size is perfect. 

I think the notice between the size of the 5 and 6 is pretty noticeable but that's just me.

if you don't need the latest and greatest the 6s will work fine. 

I have the 7 plus and absolutely love it though.