iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

I work for VZW but the plans are exactly the same. Carriers are getting rid of the 2 year "contracts". Basically you ended up paying full price for the phone anyway because you couldn't upgrade for two years. This is still the same because unless you pay the phone off early, it will take you two years to pay off the phone using "device payment" (VZW's term for it).

I'm not sure what ATT offers as far as discounts but we drop down your line access when you move to device payment so in most cases the bill only goes up $7-$10 depending on the phone you choose. I decided to keep my two year contract but that was before the iPhone forever program was launched. I would definitely do device payment now. The only downside is that you are essentially forever leasing a phone and in most cases the phone CANNOT have any physical damage when you trade in it every year. Just keep that in mind.

I'm on that same boat. I am for sure never letting go of that plan. It's pricey every month but with the amount of shit I do on the phone and data usage...nothing else would even come close to that plan.

I may go to Best Buy tomorrow and explore my options with them. As I said...I just want to upgrade the damn phone.

I don't recommend going to BB. Your carrier can offer you more discounts. Plus I've seen them fuck up accounts too many times man.

The new plans aren't terrible, people just have to accept that carriers aren't subsidizing the cost of any phone hardware anymore (I.e. They aren't going to give you an iPhone that Apple charges $800 for less because you sign a two year contract). All they are doing is charging you full price for the phone, letting you pay it off over time and discounting your data so your bill won't change all too much( depending of course on what plan you wanted.) I personally accepted this fact, signed up for the payment plan on a new 6s plus and paid off the phone in full a month later so my bill is actually $35 less than it was when I was in a two year contract

What are my wife's options if she can't do anything with her 8 gb 5c, but is still under contract? The phone works, just that she can't watch long videos or use Instagram. I don't have any problems with mine, but I don't use Facebook.

Oooh how much longer does she have on that contract. The 8 GB phones are really struggling to keep up with the new stuff

Oooh how much longer does she have on that contract. The 8 GB phones are really struggling to keep up with the new stuff

I went to Best Buy today and we're both eligible for Next and they'll give us 60 each for our phones. She doesn't get the $15 credit though since she has unlimited data. So $21.67 extra per month for her and 6.67 for me and we both get 6s's. After 30 months, we stop paying and I think I still get the $15 credit.

I went to Best Buy today and we're both eligible for Next and they'll give us 60 each for our phones. She doesn't get the $15 credit though since she has unlimited data. So $21.67 extra per month for her and 6.67 for me and we both get 6s's. After 30 months, we stop paying and I think I still get the $15 credit.

That sounds about right.

What are my wife's options if she can't do anything with her 8 gb 5c, but is still under contract? The phone works, just that she can't watch long videos or use Instagram. I don't have any problems with mine, but I don't use Facebook.

Why don't you try wiping it and starting over ?

Looking forward to the SE. I don't use my iPhone for much more than texting, email, Instagram, and checking the boards. I still have a 5S and once it's dead I would consider a SE as I still dig the 5S. I've dropped it 16ft onto mahogany floors and it didn't break.