iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

I was having an issue with notifications on the eBay app. In the app itself, I checked off what I wanted to be notified about, and they'd uncheck themselves as soon as I exited it. What I had to do was go into the settings app -> notifications -> ebay-> and turn off and turn on "allow notifications". Then I was able to re-select them in the app and make them stick.

I read this as well - but in reference to mail apps - so I tried it... with no luck.  I've also read claims that the problem sorted itself out after 24 hours, so there's that.  Wishful thinking, maybe?  I'm not sure what else to do at this point, other than use a different app for mail.

how does your phone battery last with push notifications?  I have to use every 30 min fetch

I'm not sure what I was doing, but my phone's battery was amazing with push notifications.  Instagram, Facebook, Mailbox, eBay: they'd all update my phone instantly.  When I'm in front of my computer, I usually hear my phone buzz in unison with the ding! of a new message.  It was so speedy, and it never drained my battery.  I'd only get delayed notifications if I was somewhere with zero reception.

I imessage / facebook chat a lot from my computer and i think that drains my phone battery.  I did every other smart thing you've had to do for phones and I have never had a good phone battery.

What % is your phone by the end of the day?  I just got the 6 and I still need to charge it throughout the day.

On the flip side, my old 5 is just sitting and it can last like 5 days now before needing a recharge AND it gets ESPN / calls / messages sometimes to it.

What % is your phone by the end of the day?  I just got the 6 and I still need to charge it throughout the day.

It's a little random - or maybe just dependent on how frequently I'm texting and browsing, rather - but if I leave for work with 100% battery, I'm anywhere between 60% and 30% by the time I get back home.  I'm not absolutely glued to my phone, but I do a fair amount of texting, browsing, and streaming music.

BREAKING NEWS:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maitlandquitmeyer/hairgate-iphone-6-and-6-plus-customers-newest-complaint?s=mobile#1311i41

This seems like the most ridiculous complaint towards an Apple product ever. Also can we as a country stop calling petty issues ______gate? K thanks.

Ripping out people's hair... Seriously?

I've been using the 4s for 3 years and loved it. But I only had the 16gb and it was full with texts and pictures and I couldn't even update apps or put on music.

I couldn't decide whether to go with the 6 or 6+ but knew I was going for 128gb this time.

The plus is really appealing to me because it's almost like an iPad mini. I don't have a tablet nor do I see the need for one when I have a MacBook and an iPhone but I thought the plus might be a good compromise. The only problem was that I like to keep my phone in my front right pocket of my jeans and girls jeans have stupidly small pockets most of the time. Even the 4s stuck out a little bit. Despite how big and pretty it is I decided that I would just be very annoyed with the plus if I got it because there's no way it would fit in clothes I own. I don't always carry a purse and when I do I can't usually hear my phone ring if it's in there.

So I pulled the trigger on the 6 in silver and I'm really happy with it. It's still a little big for some of my jeans but i can manage and I'm glad I didn't get the bigger one.

If anyone has any recommendations for a NON-LEATHER wallet folio type case please link me up.

I picked up one by casemate but it's flimsey and shitty and cost me $40 so I'd like to exchange it for something nicer.

Tour update on my iphone 6 --

was loading out equipment and the right side of the screen shattered. also, the back has a dent and scratches.

BUT - reception update

Ohio - Major cities LTE, but small cities were 3G and 1x.

West Virginia - shittttty reception. NO service at some points

Virginia - Awesome LTE in major cities, closer to DC, 3G everywhere else

North Carolina - LTE in Wilmington --- SUPER FAST, 3G or 1x everywhere else.

Tour update on my iphone 6 --

was loading out equipment and the right side of the screen shattered. also, the back has a dent and scratches.

BUT - reception update

Ohio - Major cities LTE, but small cities were 3G and 1x.

West Virginia - shittttty reception. NO service at some points

Virginia - Awesome LTE in major cities, closer to DC, 3G everywhere else

North Carolina - LTE in Wilmington --- SUPER FAST, 3G or 1x everywhere else.

hope you have that apple care plus!

I've been using the 4s for 3 years and loved it. But I only had the 16gb and it was full with texts and pictures and I couldn't even update apps or put on music.

I couldn't decide whether to go with the 6 or 6+ but knew I was going for 128gb this time.

The plus is really appealing to me because it's almost like an iPad mini. I don't have a tablet nor do I see the need for one when I have a MacBook and an iPhone but I thought the plus might be a good compromise. The only problem was that I like to keep my phone in my front right pocket of my jeans and girls jeans have stupidly small pockets most of the time. Even the 4s stuck out a little bit. Despite how big and pretty it is I decided that I would just be very annoyed with the plus if I got it because there's no way it would fit in clothes I own. I don't always carry a purse and when I do I can't usually hear my phone ring if it's in there.

So I pulled the trigger on the 6 in silver and I'm really happy with it. It's still a little big for some of my jeans but i can manage and I'm glad I didn't get the bigger one.

If anyone has any recommendations for a NON-LEATHER wallet folio type case please link me up.

I picked up one by casemate but it's flimsey and shitty and cost me $40 so I'd like to exchange it for something nicer.

Upgrading to iPhone 6 with more memory won't fix your problem of not knowing how to delete text messages or transfer images to a hard drive. You might want to learn how to do do those two simple functions before grabbing thee latest and great... :)

Upgrading to iPhone 6 with more memory won't fix your problem of not knowing how to delete text messages or transfer images to a hard drive. You might want to learn how to do do those two simple functions before grabbing thee latest and great... :)

The worst thing for me was the amount of space taken up by my message threads. I know a lot of people just say delete them but what if I don't wanna? I wish there was an easier way of backing up text messages but I had to go through some weird drawn out process to back up mine before I started my new phone from scratch.

That's what I've done now - I started the iPhone 6 as a new phone, with no messages or anything.

You say there is the option, but not a simple one... unless I'm missing something? Everything I see online suggests third-party applications or really unintuitive methods of getting the data out of the phone. It's not like I can "sync" my texts when I connect to iTunes is it?

What band do you play with and where did you play in Wilmington?  I lived there for 10 years before moving to Durham. 

i tour manage artists. right now im out with somekindawonderful with new politics and bad suns.

we played at the festival grounds. 98.7 modern rock fest!