iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

It doesn't look like it's possible for iPhone users to use an app to export their sms conversations as smaller txt documents, but Wired has an article with links to PC/Mac apps that will do it for you - http://www.wired.com/2013/11/backup-sms-iphone/

If you're having an issue with photos and videos taking up too much space everyone's favorite social networking site Google+ is able to automatically backup all your videos and photos into a private gallery. I use this feature and simply just delete the media off my phone once it's auto backed up - http://phandroid.com/2014/05/12/how-to-back-up-photos-with-google/ this is iPhone friendly, I set it up on my wife's old 4s because she had the same problem, it got especially bad when the kids figured out how to use her camera app.

If you have Dropbox you can also set it up to automatically backup your photos and videos - https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/289

what cases are you guys rocking? I couldve swore there was a cases link here but just went through what I thought was every page... ??

I started out with a spigen slim armor case, but it added too much bulk for me. I wound up with a cheap eBay rubber skin that I really like. It adds a little protection and grip, but doesn't add a lot of bulk.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201166903630

• 2 weeks later...

General iOS question

Is there a simple way to move videos and photos taken with an ipad over to a PC? My daughter has a ton of goofy videos she made that she wants to keep but has no room to install new apps. In a perfectly sane world iTunes would just let me drag and drop this stuff into my library, but alas that is not an option and I seriously spent 30 minutes on Google looking for a way to do this and all I could find were terrible Apple forum threads advising people to install WiFi transfer apps that only work with photos.

Can this even be done? Seems like pretty simple and completely reasonable task that shouldn't take this much effort... Goddammit.

General iOS question

Is there a simple way to move videos and photos taken with an ipad over to a PC? My daughter has a ton of goofy videos she made that she wants to keep but has no room to install new apps. In a perfectly sane world iTunes would just let me drag and drop this stuff into my library, but alas that is not an option and I seriously spent 30 minutes on Google looking for a way to do this and all I could find were terrible Apple forum threads advising people to install WiFi transfer apps that only work with photos.

Can this even be done? Seems like pretty simple and completely reasonable task that shouldn't take this much effort... Goddammit.

You should just be able to hook the device to the computer with the USB cable and transfer the videos to the computer like you would with a digital camera.

Check this link:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht4083

Edit: You should also be able to navigate to the device through "My Computer" and just drag and drop them to your hard drive.

I got DropBox to detect the device via USB and import all her stuff.

Another question, there's a Recently Added folder in the Photos app which has pictures my wife took on her iPhone in it. If I were to delete these on the iPad would it delete them from her iPhone as well (is this like an iCloud thing)?

General iOS question

yeah man Apple and Windows have really decided to make it difficult for the two to intertwine. In the past I was able to hook up an iPod Touch to my then PC and transfer via iTunes... Have you tried that method?I remember dragging videos to and from the iPod

I started out with a spigen slim armor case, but it added too much bulk for me. I wound up with a cheap eBay rubber skin that I really like. It adds a little protection and grip, but doesn't add a lot of bulk.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201166903630

cool!

I ended up going for this http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-Protection-Premium-Absorption/dp/B00N16BTDW/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1415165924&sr=1-4&keywords=ringke+fusion

since it has the "dust cover"

I've never dropped any of the phones I've ever owned, but since this is the first phone I bought with my own money, I didn't want to risk getting a cheap, ineffective case. So I overspent a bit and got a Tech21 Impactology Classic Shell case from the T-Mobile store. It wasn't cheap ($35), but it's super sturdy without feeling too bulky, and the feel and quality of the material has me thinking it's gonna last me a while.

yeah man Apple and Windows have really decided to make it difficult for the two to intertwine. In the past I was able to hook up an iPod Touch to my then PC and transfer via iTunes... Have you tried that method?I remember dragging videos to and from the iPod

Shoot, I remember being able to partition a part of the iPod Classic's drive which could be used an an external HDD, those were the good old days before everyone and their mom had macbooks, from what I can tell the only way to simply import media from your iOS device is through iPhoto on a Mac, otherwise you're forced to use other means.

Shoot, I remember being able to partition a part of the iPod Classic's drive which could be used an an external HDD, those were the good old days before everyone and their mom had macbooks, from what I can tell the only way to simply import media from your iOS device is through iPhoto on a Mac, otherwise you're forced to use other means.

Are you trying to do this on a Mac or Windows or other?

If you are just trying to get photos/videos off the device, windows has been the easiest for me because it can be done through the file system. Mac is a little more cumbersome because you need to use an application like image capture to copy them to your computer or use a program like iPhoto to manage your library.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...