My girlfriend and I were getting sick, so she put a humidifier in our room apparently a little too close to my record shelf. Most of the jackets seem to be fine, but several of my records now have warped jackets. Is there any way to fix this problem? I would appreciate the advice. I have a decent amount of rare records, and this was a pretty big upset in addition to an already crappy week. Thanks again.

This isn't the worst question is it? I bought some rad John Coltrane albums for cheap ($5 a piece) but the jackets were warped. I just tried lying them the opposite way on a big book or two and then piling on a lot of weight on top to move them back into the right way. It didn't work very well but was a slight improvement. 

This isn't the worst question is it? I bought some rad John Coltrane albums for cheap ($5 a piece) but the jackets were warped. I just tried lying them the opposite way on a big book or two and then piling on a lot of weight on top to move them back into the right way. It didn't work very well but was a slight improvement. 

It's up there with one of the stupider ones ive heard. It's like asking how to get wrinkles out of a crumbled up piece of paper. Sure, go ahead and iron it. It's still gonna look like crap.

Just let it be and move on.

I appreciate the positive post. I will definitely try that. My girlfriend said that she used to use a paper press for photos and suggested we try that, but I am worried that may make it worse. I have also contacted a few of the record labels from those releases to see if I could purchase replacement jackets. Hopefully I figure something out. I have invested a lot of money in my collection. It would really suck to see it all go down the drain because of a trivial mistake like that, haha.

It's up there with one of the stupider ones ive heard. It's like asking how to get wrinkles out of a crumbled up piece of paper. Sure, go ahead and iron it. It's still gonna look like crap.

I relaize that is most likely what I will have to do, but just in case, I wanted to see if anyone knew of any possible solutions. Thanks for the input.

Have you tried killing her? That may prevent this from happening again.

In all seriousness though, that really sucks. Real sorry to hear. I don't think ironing them will do a whole lot, but that would be my first move.

Yeah, I think we are going to try to do that first and see what happens.

Haha. Have ironed wrinkled paper? It actually works.