novalue1209

PO NOW: Death From Above 1979 - Outrage! Is Now

I went into this album with low expectations, and I have to say that I think I'd probably enjoy this band a lot more if they were purely instrumental.  Feels weird to say that, but the instrumental breaks and jams were easily the highlight of the album for me.  Maybe the only highlight.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:36 AM, kjkenney said:

Just listened to Never Swim Alone. Anyone get a Mario Bros vibe from that bassline? Like...spot on rhythm and all. Meeeeeh. 

I thought the EXACT same thing when I first listened to it. Like a ghost level or something. 

But yeah, this album is extremely disappointing. There was like 1 or 2 decent songs, the rest I was not a fan of. The vocals really ruin a lot of them for me. I'd have to agree that this would be awesome as an instrumental or something, or different vocals. This sounds way too clean and poppy..

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Having fun with it is all that counts, glad to hear it.  Those vocals are pretty terrible though, like hxcoliver said.  I wouldn't say they make it unlistenable for me, but they hinder me from wanting to dedicate shelf space to own it.

I definitely agree about the vocals. Take that away and I was satisfied with a mindless & dancey record that I can probably throw on in the background for stuff.