Kanye West

PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

7 minutes ago, deadwax666 said:

That wording about the hypothetical minutes of grooves was taken from a different website called "Classic45s", but I totally get what you are saying. The person who originally wrote that probably exaggerated but it's just thrown in there to make a point about 45RPM cuts having better sound (which I think we can all agree is true). The wording about most audiophile pressings selling for $40 is probably generally true, but granted it probably wasn't necessary to put that on there. The people who want this record will buy it because they want it, not because it's a "good deal". There was probably just a lot of excitement to get the campaign up that there was too much focus on trying to "sell" it, if you know what I mean. 

Yeah I noticed after it was from a different site I must have been blinded by that hypothetical comparison haha. I saw a label pressing a single LP "audiophile" black version that used almost all hype words so I can't complain too much about this one when that one says:

Audiophile edition

Half-Speed Mastering 
12’ - heavyweight record 180G 
Black outer sleeve (350G) + Silver lamination 
Printed 4/0 Discobag - offset paper

Special edition limited to 500 pieces. 
350 pre-order only / 150 pieces available the 02/08 at Ground Zero

I lost it at "pieces" haha anything worded this way I instantly dismiss... infomercials need to stick to dumb shit on TV.

4 hours ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Here's one for ya Duke. Hope this hasn't been posted already.

I Prefer Pi Records  - Six Sides Of Wizardry - limited to 101

Three 8” lathe cut records housed uniquely in an arcane map and trapped between the walls of the castle is the full length album ‘Polygondwanaland’. Cut to six sides the set is truly a collectors piece. With a number of cool aspects that will and will not be mentioned, this package is to appeal to those looking for something different. Here are some pics- preorders are up and posting here and there as I type.

Plus US shipping its a little over 50 bucks. Narrower and narrower niches being satisfied here... although the artwork looks extra interesting.

24232561_1739666996053633_81676795639720

Not seen that one..interesting idea...but my goodness, what a messy website! I don't know what i'm looking at! And I wonder what the significance of the keys are?

Edit: Ah...I see, they're to unlock the darn things!

Edited by TheDuke

Just 're-tweeting' this post from VMP....latest on the FB fan pressing. Can't say i'm all that impressed with the final 3 colour options....folks have gone for No. 1, that looks almost identical to the Gruesome variant, some messy looking splatter one & that Oddments Rainbow style version.  All the artwork nominations are now available to vote on:

Facebook Update:
Hey all. I apologize that this took so long to get up. There were a lot of complications. But, without further ado, our final massive poll is here. You'll vote on the color variant, back cover and insert designs, labels, hype sticker, and much much more.

Vote HERE: https://goo.gl/4bmhhS

A couple things:

1. I realize now that the pictures are sometimes a little small. If anyone wants to see a higher resolution version of a picture, just tag me in the comments with which one and I'll post it. Sorry about that.

2. If I somehow missed your submission, please message me ASAP and I will add it. This does not mean you should message me with new submissions; the deadline has passed unfortunately, and we need to keep things moving.

3. If your artwork is selected, you'll be credited somewhere in the insert. If you used someone else's photograph, we will credit them.

4. The flexi unfortunately isn't gonna work. Putting a live cover on a flexi, as Pirates Press told me, would be a lot of extra work/money, it would sound shitty, and we'd need the rights.

You have until THURSDAY, DECEMBER 7TH at 11:59 PST to vote. I figured we'd give the vote enough time so that everyone can vote. I will post the results after!

Questions or concerns, let me know. THANK YOU ALL for your super cool artwork submissions, it's seriously so cool seeing them all side by side.

Edited by TheDuke

3 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Looks like the version up on Rough Trade is coming this Friday 

DQOFfYXXcAU5dGi.jpg:large

I've not ordered any of those (yet!), I wonder what the back cover looks like?

Edit: Just noticed that the Rough Trade variants in the US are by ATO, UK by No Label! How odd! So that would suggest that ATO are producing the five LP variants in the US.

Additionally, the UK site has 5 colour Tape variants ltd to 10 copies each, not showing on US site.

Edited by TheDuke

13 minutes ago, spoon said:

I hope ATO and RT aren’t sharing release duties on this one... not really feeling any of those colours. 

Nah, same here..a bit plain..although..they do seem to be selling...I think the pink one has sold out on one site.

Rhubarb has sold out...and the Gruesome variant is not far off...but most the others look as though they've gone stagnant. Except for that new one HoneyFrost posted yesterday - Six Sides Of Wizardry, last time checked there was only 20 copies left......and despite the high cost (£50+)...I actually bought one! I'm curious! :)

I see the guy running Hot Wax has been busy posting everything under the sun, trying to boost sales of his two variants, even on ebay! I still haven't got confidence that they will sell out by 11th Dec...as much i'd like to buy a copy of each...we'll see.

Edited by TheDuke

ATO live tomorrow at 1PM EST! It looks like they may have a mix of colours not dissimilar to the Rough Trade pic though it also looks like there may be some marble or splatter to a few of them

https://www.facebook.com/atorecords/photos/a.185843706755.156657.12848146755/10156364449686756/?type=3

6 minutes ago, spoon said:

ATO live tomorrow at 1PM EST! It looks like they may have a mix of colours not dissimilar to the Rough Trade pic though it also looks like there may be some marble or splatter to a few of them

https://www.facebook.com/atorecords/photos/a.185843706755.156657.12848146755/10156364449686756/?type=3

Thanks for that info....looks like my hunch about the rough trade items being produced by ATO is correct then! Look forward to seeing what gets released.

Just had an email from Pocketcat...me laserdisc has been shipped...wayhay! :D

I see that the Aural Pleasures variant has hit it's base target, almost at $9.5K or £7K in my money, so some of those stretch goals will happen then, 180g wax to start with once $9.5K has been reached. I think I'll probably bagged that one soon, as well.....oh 'eck I can't stop...help! :wacko:

Edited by TheDuke

12 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

I am pretty sure this was mentioned here already...

but let's just add a moment to let this one sink in..

https://www.discogs.com/King-Gizzard-And-The-Lizard-Wizard-Polygondwanaland/release/11226820

have we left any media out?

I spotted that one earlier today..just popped up on discogs. Love to know who still uses 8 tracks though?! lol!

I don't think this one has come up, but I could be wrong.

I wonder where they put the other two tracks???!!!!

Don't answer that one...i'm being silly! :lol:

Edited by TheDuke

6 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

PIAPTK's 7" came 

PA2cXvs.jpg

Haven't tried it yet, never had to do trickery like this. Still, I appreciate the instructions, and it's the first thing to show up!

Does the playable bit detach from that? I can't quite see how one is suppose to play it!

1 minute ago, TheDuke said:

Does the playable bit detach from that? I can't quite see how one is suppose to play it!

I didn't take a great picture - I wanted the title to show against the white, since this is all clear - but if you look above the center colored tower you see the grooves emerging. There are two identical circles with multiple grooves on them, if you look to the right of the brick fireplace there is a center hole, one of two.

2 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

I didn't take a great picture - I wanted the title to show against the white, since this is all clear - but if you look above the center colored tower you see the grooves emerging. There are two identical circles with multiple grooves on them, if you look to the right of the brick fireplace there is a center hole, one of two.

Yeah, I can see those...but surely one doesn't place the rectangular plate on the spinner....the centrifugal force would throw the stylus off, surely?!  

Homeless have finally got their mock-ups up...both look nice,  the Invertabrate Inevitability looks pretty tasty. Tectonic Collision looks similar the Greenway's design. 

https://homelessvinyl.com.au/product/king-gizzard-polygondwanaland/

Edited by TheDuke

5 minutes ago, spoon said:

Any chance you can link directly to the image urls? Not seeing them anywhere on the page 

edit: never mind, I can see them on DT!

Yeah tried to post the images, couldn't work out how to do it! They look okay. T hey might actually start to sell some now! Have noticed that their stock levels have increased since yesterday. Both were hovering around the 300 mark...now there's more available. I guess some folks threw their s back, cos Homeless took forever to get their mock-ups up!

Edited by TheDuke

On 12/3/2017 at 3:52 PM, DecayToDeath said:

The great Secular Haze has returned! 

They're a little all over the place stylistically, but the "core" of their sound is best represented by the three albums Float Along - Fill Your LungsI'm In Your Mind Fuzz, and Nonagon Infinity.

I wasn't able to find Mind Fuzz, but I did check out Polygondwanaland last night.  It's definitely unique and I'll be playing it frequently to get into it.  Thanks, again.

10 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

I wasn't able to find Mind Fuzz, but I did check out Polygondwanaland last night.  It's definitely unique and I'll be playing it frequently to get into it.  Thanks, again.

Nonagon Infinity is damn amazing. The album that turned me onto them. Definitely check that out. All of their stuff is on Bandcamp 

It seems I can't buy from Homeless. Country restrictions? Tectonic is almost exactly the colourway I've been hoping (Just wish it was yellow splatter and green where it's yellow now).

Nice to know Aural Pleasures hit its first benchmark. 180g is appreciated, even though it and every other stretch goal tier above it will only increase the shipping cost. We may be cheering each one achieved, but we won't be so happy at the accumulated shipping overage fee that comes with it. But I don't care. 2xLP 45rpm is the only reason why I have it pledged.

Edited by armadillo01