What should happen when u text in a theater!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':k6gtayg1]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':k6gtayg1]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

ive never been bothered by someone texting during a movie. possibly because most of the theaters around here get awful reception, or its just because people keep their shit on silent, and that little screen isnt enough to get in the way of the enormous one im looking at.

people talking in the theater however..

when we saw waiting all those years ago, there was a group of umass kids behind us getting totally trashed on whiskey. and spent the entire movie pointing out what other roles the actors played. for example, "chi mcbriiiiiide! boston puubliiiic!"

my friend eventually stood up and threatened to strangle them all if they didnt shut the fuck up. they responded by giving him some whiskey.

ive never been bothered by someone texting during a movie. possibly because most of the theaters around here get awful reception

oddly enough, i get better reception in the theater by my house than anywhere else. probably because it's on top of a hill, but still. pretty goofy.

isn't the Alamo Drafthouse a theater/restaurant setting you can drink beer at? that's just asking for trouble. I would imagine someone texting being the most harmless thing that could be done in a place people are drinking and being served beverages during a movie. any place dark I am texting in I turn my brightness on my phone all the way down.

This is great. I can't stand people who text during movies. I find the bright light in my line of sight to be annoying. Look, you go to a movie to relax and escape for a couple of hours. If you're at a moment where you can't be out of communication for a couple of hours then find another venue to grab some entertainment.

A few years ago, I was seeing some movie (can't remember what), and there were two people sitting behind me to my right—and one of them would not shut the fuck up the whole film. They were asking their friend the stupidest questions ever, as if they could barely grasp the plot, and it got so frustrating that probably around 2/3s through the film, I turned around and said, very forcefully, "Could you PLEASE be quiet?"

Then I realized the person I was directing my remark to was definitely, definitely mentally handicapped.

Oops.

isn't the Alamo Drafthouse a theater/restaurant setting you can drink beer at? that's just asking for trouble. I would imagine someone texting being the most harmless thing that could be done in a place people are drinking and being served beverages during a movie. any place dark I am texting in I turn my brightness on my phone all the way down.

maybe you just don't get it since you're one of those people who text in a movie. ::)

A few years ago, I was seeing some movie (can't remember what), and there were two people sitting behind me to my right—and one of them would not shut the fuck up the whole film. They were asking their friend the stupidest questions ever, as if they could barely grasp the plot, and it got so frustrating that probably around 2/3s through the film, I turned around and said, very forcefully, "Could you PLEASE be quiet?"

Then I realized the person I was directing my remark to was definitely, definitely mentally handicapped.

Oops.

I've been in situations were people just won't shut the fuck up after people tell them to which is when you just get an usher to take them out because they are ruining the movie.

maybe you just don't get it since you're one of those people who text in a movie. ::)

no, i text at shows where bands play, not during movies.

common courtesy, turn the brightness down or don't text at all. watching a movie is more involving than watching a band play, especially if it's a band you aren't necessarily there to see.

how does their liquor serving work? is it a concession sales setup or do they have servers? we have a cinema cafe place here and places that serve full course meals with movies. i'm not a fan of either because of all the eating noises, that's distracting enough. silverware on plates, assholes talking, etc.

no, i text at shows where bands play, not during movies.

common courtesy, turn the brightness down or don't text at all. watching a movie is more involving than watching a band play, especially if it's a band you aren't necessarily there to see.

how does their liquor serving work? is it a concession sales setup or do they have servers? we have a cinema cafe place here and places that serve full course meals with movies. i'm not a fan of either because of all the eating noises, that's distracting enough. silverware on plates, assholes talking, etc.

imagine theater seating with every other row taken out and a small long table in front of you (or the row) for your food and the server to get through. they take your order before the movie starts so your food and drinks are pretty much ready around the time the movie starts. most people get 1 or 2 beers and food. The people who frequent the alamo movie theaters are there first and foremost for the movie. but it's a added bonus that they can get a nice meal and a drink (for less than the price of popcorn, candy, and large soda at a regular theater). It's quite the experience.

there are not full course meals served except during long trilogy screenings or epics(lord of the rings, gone with the win, etc.). Again, i've been going for years and nothing has ever bothered my viewing experience as far as people eating or drinking. if you're bothered by the sheer possibility of the things you mentioned, by all means avoid it or any other theater for that matter.

i will say this, i haven't had any bad experiences going to the alamo due to their strict no talking/texting policy. It's pretty common knowledge amongst the patrons. i can't say that for any of the other theaters i've frequented across the country. Especially in hollywood and in a film festival environment of all places. Not to mention their food is pretty damn good. I'm all about the guinness milkshakes. The hamburgers are good too.