VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Not sure if this still needs spoiler tags, but..

Spoiler

WHAT. A. SHIT. SHOW. Apparently, Lesnar and Vince got into a heated altercation backstage directly after the match, in gorilla. Sources say it didn't get physical, but it ended with Lesnar throwing the belt and leaving.

Even half-asleep, I noticed right away something was seriously fishy when they didn't have any pyro or long shots of Lesnar holding the title on the ramp, like they do with the outro every single year. I guess they ended up setting off said pyro after the announcement that show was over and people were leaving.

I just rewatched the match and you can tell Lesnar is not into it at all. He keeps looking into the crowd like "I fucking knew this is how this would go".

Also, the commentary team completely no-sells every single thing, from the crowds reaction (or lack thereof) to the ridiculous amount of blood coming out of Roman's head.

Poor Vince sure got what was coming to him with this.

UPDATE: Keeps getting weirder.

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/brock-lesnar-resigns-wwe-roman-reigns-greatest-royal-rumble

Guess they're finally going to do it where it just may actually get the desired response. Barf. Vince really is a genius guys!

Edited by erikness

5 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Oh yeah another random though: Aiden English looks so much better with his haircut holy shit.  Almost looked like Cesaro at times haha.

My favorite part is that he shaved it post-battle royal and pre-US title match. He came out, and I was like "Wait, didn't he have hair like 2 hours ago?"

12 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

My favorite part is that he shaved it post-battle royal and pre-US title match. He came out, and I was like "Wait, didn't he have hair like 2 hours ago?"

Hahaha yes!  I didn’t watch any of the pre-show on Sunday (had no idea any of those matches were going to be going on then), so I went back and watched them last night and had the same thought when I saw him in the battle royal.

Raw was pretty awesome.  Quite a few great surprises.  Kind of sucks though because I don’t have cable so I watch the hour and half version of Raw on Hulu and they completely cut out Ember Moon’s debut/match.  Had to hear about it when Angle name dropped her when he was on the phone with whoever.  Looked it up on YouTube after instead.  Just kind of strange that something that seemed like quite a big deal was left out.

Other than missing that, really excited about all of the debut’s and returns.  Won’t get to watch Smackdown until tomorrow, but I’m really excited to see how that went.  Also can’t wait for NXT.  Probably gonna knock that out tomorrow also.

^^^
Where I was sitting at Wrestlemania, it was directly behind where you see them do the introductions in that row of alternative languages commentators (Japanese, Italian, Hindi, etc) after an hour into the show. We were above a tunnel that WWE crew and talent would come out of to go to the stadium floor. All the NXT guys walked by (Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole, EC3, etc) and people would shout at them. Ember Moon walked by and she was gorgeous in real life. I just stared, lol. Didn't want to be a dick and catcall but I couldn't think of anything interesting to say/yell. 

My favorite part of the superstar shakeup were the NXT call-ups for sure.

Pumped to see what they have in store for Almas on Smackdown.  Became a big fan of his after seeing his matches with Gargano.  Also hope there are good things in store for the Authors of Pain on Raw.  Sadly though, I kind of have mixed feelings about Sanity being called up.  I’m going to miss seeing them on NXT every week.  Not to mention Killian Dain has become a favorite of mine and I can’t help but think he won’t get the recognition he deserves on “the big show.”