Lonesome Crowded West

i wonder if it will be a gatefold this time, or separate jackets like the original.

I am wondering that as well. I'm hoping for a gatefold with the art from both the jackets.

This is interesting. I assumed that when I heard that the masters were missing that this included all original recordings of the songs but apparently they've found the tapes for each individual track and compiled them again into a new master recording? I'm confused but not skeptical. If they actually put that kind of work in instead of just cutting from a CD (which is unforgivable) like a lot of major labels seem to be doing, then that is awesome!

I had read the master was missing on a modest mouse board, I suppose if all the original individual tracks are available you could re-compile them (new master).   This excites me as recently I've heard a 24-bit rip of the OG and wasn't blown away by it.  Here's to hoping it's a good remaster job.

Between this and Cake's 90s albums coming to remastered for vinyl status, it's shaping up to be a great year.  At that point the only other needs extreme wants I have from the 90s are Fiona Apple, Far, Local H, Reel Big Fish and Gin Blossoms.

i saw a new add for lonesome crowded west in a pitchfork browser on the new ios7 promo video?

i guess this more or less confirms the reissue? or maybe not? maybe i'm reading too much into it?

edit: oh nevermind, it's this.

still interesting.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/pitchfork-classic/1912-modest-mouse-the-lonesome-crowded-west/3115-entire-film/

I'm not sure how soon a new album really is, but they played some new songs live a couple months ago that got recorded: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/04/watch-modest-mouse-perform-three-new-songs/

Be Brave holds a lot of promise in my eyes. Hope they don't overpolish everything like they have with the past two albums.

• 3 months later...