AdBlock Extension Detected!

sketch-logo.png

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

Green Tea Papi

PO: Seahaven - Reverie Lagoon: Music for Escapism Only

bumping this thread because it needs to be talked about more. awesome album, awesome band

Never thought I'd be listening to this record as much as I have been since it was released.

I still can't believe the jump from Winter Forever (which I really wasn't a fan of) to this. Awesome record.

Never thought I'd be listening to this record as much as I have been since it was released.

I still can't believe the jump from Winter Forever (which I really wasn't a fan of) to this. Awesome record.

Same same same same same. Winter Forever isn't even listenable to me but this record is top 5 this year so far.

Yes, I have been wondering about the lineup as well. I asked about it on the silhouette 7" thread because the drummer wasn't listed on that either but got no answer. I assume he wanted to leave due to the dramatic change in musical style. Definitely a solid use of bongo drums on the new album.

As far as Winter Forever goes, I did not like it too much either when I heard it. I was all about the heavy punk style on the ep and it seemed like they went in a more alternative direction. That being said, my mind completely changed. Winter Forever will probably remain as my favorite album by them due to the mix of the awesome instrumentals in the verses and interludes complimenting the catchy punk choruses and intros. The guitar tones on this album highly resemble Touche Amore at times which I dig.

I highly suggest listening to songs like "save me" and "it's over" again if you haven't given the album enough chances yet.