Seattle/Pacific NW VC

3arl

After a long ass drive from Denver, I'm finally here for good.

Anyone else going to the Manchester Orchestra/Kevin Devine/Balance & Composure show next week?

Congrats!  I can't imagine how long of a drive that was (my move from MT seemingly took forever).

That show is at a pretty rad venue, you should have a good time.  It's also a really easy bus ride from Wallingford, which is always nice.

I've been wondering why there was no NW thread yet (though I wasn't very proactive and didn't make one). I couldn't imagine wanting to live anywhere else in the US.

Victoria, BC, Canada here, so technically I'm in.

I do go to Seattle a lot, usually I'll take the Clipper since it's Downtown>Downtown.

How much does that cost and how long is the ride? I remember taking a ferry from Port Angeles WA to Victoria BC when I was younger and it was a drag. Victoria, however, was a lot of fun. I brought home some Canadian coins 'cause when I was ten years old I thought that was the coolest shit in the world.

How much does that cost and how long is the ride? I remember taking a ferry from Port Angeles WA to Victoria BC when I was younger and it was a drag. Victoria, however, was a lot of fun. I brought home some Canadian coins 'cause when I was ten years old I thought that was the coolest shit in the world.

It varies from $90-$120 round trip and its something like 2.5-3 hours each way.  However, they have a bar on board with decent prices.  And the cheapest Duty Free I've encountered (1.75 Litres of Rum for $11? yes please!).

Oh, and depending on when you were 10, we have more coins now ;)

It varies from $90-$120 round trip and its something like 2.5-3 hours each way.  However, they have a bar on board with decent prices.  And the cheapest Duty Free I've encountered (1.75 Litres of Rum for $11? yes please!).

I've taken the train up to Vancouver a few times and it seems about the same price (and maybe a little longer trip).  It doesn't have a bar, but you can get drinks on it.  Definitely way better than driving.

After a long ass drive from Denver, I'm finally here for good.

Anyone else going to the Manchester Orchestra/Kevin Devine/Balance & Composure show next week?

I freaking wish. My buddy Seth is going and didn't even know who B&C was... good thing I showed him some stuff this week :)

It's been awhile since I've been to a Seattle show--I usually will be down there for anything pop-punkish at El Corazon just to let off some rage-steam.

It varies from $90-$120 round trip and its something like 2.5-3 hours each way. However, they have a bar on board with decent prices. And the cheapest Duty Free I've encountered (1.75 Litres of Rum for $11? yes please!).

I'll have to come back. I love coins.

Also, welcome to Seattle, 3arl. What do you think so far?

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread. moving to seattle for work at the end of the month/beginning of july. cannot wait to get out there.

Congrats!  I hope you like it out here.  I think we've covered a decent amount in this thread, but feel free to ask any questions you might have.  Either in here or through a PM.