shit people say that you can't stand

Yeah I agree but in this instance people were debating that women starring at his beard and commenting on it a lot is the same as guys starring at women's boobs and saying "nice tits". Then all the sudden you get "ok let's experiment...rape" mmm what?

Right, I don't necessarily agree with Ry on that point. Yes, both are physical features, but they're really not on the same level at all. I can say that the sexual value assigned to breasts is not entirely necessary, and if it were gone (or at least lessened), then beards and breasts could be more comparable. 

Nah, nah, nah. See that's where I think miscommunication happens. No one cares that you like boobs or that you like to joke about boobs. Your comparison was just super rude and uncalled for, so of course we were offended. Having boobs fucking sucks and they're expensive...with or without surgery, believe it or not. They're in no comparison with beards and I'm sorry that girls are making you feel uncomfortable because they comment on your beard...but I'm sure it isn't anywhere near what it feels like when a dude comments on your boobs. 

You won't ever understand it and that's okay! But all anyone asks is that you're at least respectful and maybe realize that your comparison wasn't the best. 

The thing on the rape side too, was just that it came out of nowhere and didn't have anything to do with anything. It was a pretty inappropriate direction to take the discussion. Joking about rape just influences rape culture, which of course makes females uncomfortable. We're taught that we can't dress a certain way or we'll be raped. We can't go out at night alone. It's not fun. But males aren't brought up in that mindset, males aren't taught to be afraid of the opposite sex, so you aren't going to understand.**

(EDIT: Not saying you don't understand the emotional trauma, but rather the mindset that females are set into with fear and why we don't like our bodies being objectified.)

(Sorry, I was typing that all up before we moved on. But I've also been in really shitty situations involving all of these things and it really, really sucks. I truly sympathize with anyone who has had to go through something like that and has had to feel less than the person they are.) 

I don't agree here. It's not impossible for us to understand this issue just because we're men. 

I'm really horrible with words. I didn't really mean that it's impossible, but for a lot of guys (at least in my expierence) it's harder for them to understand it. Not because they're ignorant or anything, but just because it's a really messed up thing that's engraved into our brains growing up. It's hard to understand why someone is fearful of something, when you aren't fearful of it...if that makes sense. 

Like, men will see men as harmless and don't always understand why ladies jump at any sort of interaction that makes them uncomfortable. 

I'm really horrible with words. I didn't really mean that it's impossible, but for a lot of guys (at least in my expierence) it's harder for them to understand it. Not because they're ignorant or anything, but just because it's a really messed up thing that's engraved into our brains growing up. It's hard to understand why someone is fearful of something, when you aren't fearful of it...if that makes sense. 

Like, men will see men as harmless and don't always understand why ladies jump at any sort of interaction that makes them uncomfortable. 

No worries. People should know that there are plenty of men who do understand - all it takes is a little bit of research and real-world experience. If, as a man, you don't go out into the world and begin to understand this issue, you may not be all there. 

Edit: On topic, it really makes me laugh when people use the term "fascist" without actually understanding what it means. I once saw a video of a group of radical feminists (read: misandrists) who had gathered outside of an equal-rights seminar and pulled the fire alarm to make everyone evacuate. When a cameraman asked why they chose to attack the equal rights group, one of them responded "We're afraid of fucking fascists!"

What?

No worries. People should know that there are plenty of men who do understand - all it takes is a little bit of research and real-world experience. If, as a man, you don't go out into the world and begin to understand this issue, you may not be all there. 

I mean, I work in music and that's where a lot of horrible encounters have happened. But for every few awful dudes, there's always a group of great ones that I appreciate more than everything. But I'd probably say that it's either about equal when it comes to bad dude/good dude ratio, which is just unfortunate. 

It just sucks that we're raised with such a negative mindset, people should really just educate their children properly about everything from consent to appropriate behavior with another human being...and this wouldn't be an issue, you know? But I know that it has been something that has greatly affected me both now and growing up. No matter how many lovely people I meet, it's always in the back of my mind. 

But I'm glad you see where I was going! I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just trying to explain why i got so up in arms about the prior comments made. 

but just because it's a really messed up thing that's engraved into our brains growing up.

i think this is where the biggest disconnect was with my whole thing. i was trying to emphasize the fact that beard worship is very, very new. but it doesn't change the fact that women are still objectifying a male's physical feature.

and yeah, i could shave my beard, but i'd much sooner delete these dumb dating profiles. i'm a much more comfortable person, nay, i'm myself with it. i'm not just going to give in to giving up because of a few dumb broads.

i think this is where the biggest disconnect was with my whole thing. i was trying to emphasize the fact that beard worship is very, very new. but it doesn't change the fact that women are still objectifying a male's physical feature.

and yeah, i could shave my beard, but i'd much sooner delete these dumb dating profiles. i'm a much more comfortable person, nay, i'm myself with it. i'm not just going to give in to giving up because of a few dumb broads.

And it's fine! But don't compare it to stuff like that, you know? Because it's really not relatable. I don't know if I'd also consider it objectifying you're beard...like, it's a very nice beard and all but I'm not so sure it's making you feel degraded in worth. Of course, I don't know how you're feeling! But I can't imagine these ladies are talking about your beard to the extent where it hides your identity as a person. Once again, I don't know the whole situation, I can't tell you how you're feeling or how you should feel. Just that it's not relatable. 

That's it! 

i used to be about that spinach when i was little. not sure why i stopped eating it, because it's all i fuck with now.

also, i have a friend who vehemently hates potatoes. wut?