shit people say that you can't stand

I cringe a bit any time someone repeats the doge meme out loud. Like, shut the fuck up. You don't have to say "such (noun), very (verb)" every fucking time someone says "wow".

I'm also not too fond of when people say a girl is "dressed like a slut". That phrase (among many others, none of which I like) perpetuates super-biased gender stereotypes. It also happens to be an incredibly rude thing to say in general.

I cringe a bit any time someone repeats the doge meme out loud. Like, shut the fuck up. You don't have to say "such (noun), very (verb)" every fucking time someone says "wow".

I'm also not too fond of when people say a girl is "dressed like a slut". That phrase (among many others, none of which I like) perpetuates super-biased gender stereotypes. It also happens to be an incredibly rude thing to say in general.

Any meme really...

I have a coworker who always says "and stuff" like multiple times in sentences and it's more weird than it is annoying. He would say something like this..

"I went down to the store and stuff and got some groceries and stuff and then I went home and stuff and put them away and stuff".

It's seriously bizarre. I don't think he even realizes he does it

i have a coworker in her 50s who says like more than a valley girl. i may have ranted about her in here before. not exaggerating, at least 20 times a day, she will finish a sentence with, "i'm like, ya know?" sometimes that's the whole sentence.

Not-so-humble bragging. Some people get off on owning something that's being sought after. They've got to let the world know.

it's pretty frustrating. i made a thread a while back looking for a few things and some guy posted an ebay link to one of the records i was looking for that ENDED the day before i made the thread

it's pretty frustrating. i made a thread a while back looking for a few things and some guy posted an ebay link to one of the records i was looking for that ENDED the day before i made the thread

Maybe he was trying to show you the going price?  I'm not sure.  If I mention that I own a record someone is looking for, I'll do my best to provide some advice (i.e. "it was a lucky auction just a few months ago, so keep your eyes posted" or "there's a seller on Discogs that continually lists this, every few weeks").  I agree that it makes no sense to stroll in and essentially post "I own this and you don't, lol".

I have a coworker who always says "and stuff" like multiple times in sentences and it's more weird than it is annoying. He would say something like this..

"I went down to the store and stuff and got some groceries and stuff and then I went home and stuff and put them away and stuff".

It's seriously bizarre. I don't think he even realizes he does it

I'm not a violent person but I'd have a hard time not punching your coworker in the face. Unless it's involuntary and stuff & then I couldn't fault him... and stuff.

i have (insert name of album the person is looking for in their thread)... not looking to get rid of it though

drives me crazy. why even say anything then?!

In the same vein as that, when I'm at a record convention, and I ask a seller if he has a specific record and their response is "Oh yeah I have that... At home"

This annoys me and it shouldn't buuuut:

When I have only one customer and they say "don't worry, take your time."

Do you want me to make a phone call, shoot off some emails, run a marathon before getting your food ready?

I understand it when I'm busy, and I appreciate it. But man, when it's dead I can't help but be slightly annoyed by this comment.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but upspeak drives me fuckin' batshit. If it's not a question it shouldn't sound like a question!

My wife started working with some younger tech people and she started to end many of her declarative sentences in the interrogative. If you speak this way, please know that you automatically sound like an unsure, immature idiot. That's all.

Wait, I also hate the phrase "Aha moment", unless we are talking about the band.