shit people say that you can't stand

I mean, it's your body, Ry. You can certainly feel whichever way you want about it. I'm just not buying into the comparison myself.

I can't believe people are actually taking an amusing observation as heated debate.

Actually, I can't believe how often I find myself saying "I can't believe ______" on these boards.

But the overall point that I'm making is that women have assets that men ogle. As of recently, our society has deemed beards the counterpart that women ogle. Is it really that out of line to make such a comparison?

I don't think it's an argument, nor an amusing observation. 

Just people stating that it's really not a valid comparison. 

(edit: also just want to point out that I have no beef with Ryan, he's a cool dude. But, Ry, you can shave off your beard if you don't like the sexualization people are placing on it. For relatively cheap too. Ladies don't have that option unless we have a lot of dollas. And if you go 'but I LIKE my beard and I don't want to shave it just because some ladies objectify me for it"...well then, you now know exactly how females feel on a daily basis.) 

I can't believe people are actually taking an amusing observation as heated debate.

Actually, I can't believe how often I find myself saying "I can't believe ______" on these boards.

But the overall point that I'm making is that women have assets that men ogle. As of recently, our society has deemed beards the counterpart that women ogle. Is it really that out of line to make such a comparison?

It's dumb that men ogle at women's breasts.  It's dumb that they are put on this sexual pedestal so it's considered risque for a mother to even breastfeed her baby.  It's dumb that womens breasts are censored while mens are not.  Your comments and those who are like minded are the reason women have such a hard time day in and day out with the simplest things in our modern society.  & These are just a few reasons as to why your comparison is not only invalid, but completely moronic and archaic.

"I can't believe" that you have such a hard time understanding such simple things.

I'm not failing to understand anything at all.

I'm just pointing out very basic elements of society. Am I the one who decided that men like boobs? Or the one who says shirtless dude is okay on tv BUT NO LADY NIPPLES!!!? Did I declare that women are awful for breast feeding in public?

Yeah these things are archaic, but just because

I'm talking about them it doesn't mean I condone or support them.

And that's a problem I have around here... The way people act like talking *about* something means it's your belief and that you're behind it.

Let's experiment.

Rape.

::expects a message from Juan in his inbox asking why he's being so hateful::

Social experiment Ry: go up to a male stranger on the street, ask can I touch your beard? Repeat with a woman, except ask to touch her bewbz.

Report back with your results.

And this just proves my point. I typed 4 letters. They spelled a word that isn't even censored on tv or in the news. But because someone talks about something, they believe in it or condone it in everyone's eyes.