shit people say that you can't stand

I hate "love you to the moon and back"

STFU

When people say "hella" seriously, I want to shoot myself. I may have already mentioned this.

I do both, the latter less frequently and then I'm like "did I really just say hella?"

To the moon and back was a big thing with my grandmother growing up though, so it holds a lot of meaning. I'm lame. I've started making my own  Loganism variations of it though and they're so wonderful.

I can't stand it when someone I am speaking with starts a sentence with "Listen, ... ".

I am listening. It's a conversation. I know how it works and I don't need instructions. I don't end my sentences with "speak" so don't start your goddamn sentences with "listen".

Also, "how goes it".

I was hella cool today and found deja entendu at the store.

This isn't really something you say, but I hate when people use excessive emoji's in text messages.

"I love you. (12 kissy faces, blush face, smile) " It's really unnecessary to use more than one or two.

Excessive emojis. Just stop.

using impact as a verb in the past tense:  impacted (which is an adjective).  It has been used so much now that they probably changed it to be ok.

Something could have had an impact on your way of thinking, but it didn't impact you (like your wisdom tooth is impacted).

"At the end of the day..."  ah geez.   At the end of the day...I get ready for bed and whatever comes next.

"What's up with that?"

I'm not sure if these were said, but after 15 pages of browsing words and phrases people can't/don't like to tolerate, I need a good sleep and consequently nightmare. I also lost up-vote privileges after 2 pages.

--"That's what he/she said"

--"I'm depressed today" --I doubt that. You're sad, maybe. Depression is a long-term illness/feeling.

--Anything derogatory against LGBT

--"Oh my god"

--"What?"

--"Oh"

--Any lies

--"Stay/Be positive"

And when people don't hear what you said, shake their head like they did, and try to get away with it.

One I forgot about til I heard it this weekend is when people brag about not watching or owning a tv. If you don't, whatever, don't act like you're hot shit because of it.

This is like my friend who recently broke his phone and won't shut up about how much he's enjoying not having a phone.  The second we got to his house he got on his computer and starting texting people through iMessage.

I was hella cool today and found deja entendu at the store.

This isn't really something you say, but I hate when people use excessive emoji's in text messages.

"I love you. (12 kissy faces, blush face, smile) " It's really unnecessary to use more than one or two. any.

At work, we've been transitioning into a new way of doing things and it has not worked out at all. The sales floor is a mess, customers are constantly complaining, everyone has to work twice as hard as before with no results, and hours are getting cut at the same time. They brought in someone from a different store to help out and she just yells shit like,

"Speed it up, guys!"

"Lets go, lets go, lets go!"

tl;dr: I hate when people rush you or try and tell you what to do with no regards to what you are actually doing. 

Interesting read. I'd be able to agree with it if I had more often seen or heard "Check your privilege" or even "privilege" in the context described in that article. I only ever see it in the context of "check your privilege white male cis scum," as if I am supposed to wake up each morning and, like the article said, repent for my patron (what I assume was supposed to be) sin of white maleness - as if I am personally responsible for black slavery, the death of Native Americans, et cetera, and must now often "check my privilege" to remind myself of what a piece-of-shit white male I am. 

My grandparents emigrated from Poland and Ireland in the 1920s and 30s. I, as a white Jew, am not personally responsible for slavery or, more accurately, anything that happened before my lifetime. 

I understand the concept of being privileged, and I realize what advantages I've been given by being born as a white male. I have "checked my privilege." Do I wish I didn't have these advantages? Not necessarily, but I would like for other people to have them as well. I will not roll out of bed every day and apologize for being a white male, though. I won't let e-warriors and "social justice" advocates on tumblr make me out as less of a person for being, for all intents and purposes, exceptionally average: White, male, heterosexual, of a healthy height and weight, and so on. I'm not going to check my "thin privilege" (that one's pushing it), or my "cisgender privilege," just because I happen to take decent care of myself and identify with the gender I was born into. 

To summarize, I suppose what I'm saying is that the idea of "checking privilege" is not so much what I dislike. It is that, as usual, some losers on the internet have taken this concept too far and convoluted it.

Interesting read. I'd be able to agree with it if I had more often seen or heard "Check your privilege" or even "privilege" in the context described in that article. I only ever see it in the context of "check your privilege white male cis scum."

I agree with you too on this.  No one has ever said it to me - but if I was telling somebody that I just finished my Masters at GWU and someone said check your privilege or worse, what they mean by it ( you only got their because you're white ), it would be hard for me to not respond angrily.

You're a social justice warrior. We get it.

If only everyone here really did 'get it'.