Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

I wonder if it will include The Grey Man EP as well.

Me too. It would suck if it didn't like the first press, i love that EP. Will pick up another copy of YAMS for sure, I hope it has it's CD cover.

Also if they don't do the new pressings as awesome as the AFS pressings i'll be upset haha. The booklet that comes with BMT is so awesome.

lols. I was one of the people asking about it there. so excited! I hope it happens. even though I spent money on one of the original pressings, the world needs that discography on vinyl!

nice! that was literally the only thing I wanted to know in the AMA. i was kinda hesitant about them answering the question either. i'm glad it's going to happen for a new fan like myself AND all the other fans who have been waiting

Me too. It would suck if it didn't like the first press, i love that EP. Will pick up another copy of YAMS for sure, I hope it has it's CD cover.

Also if they don't do the new pressings as awesome as the AFS pressings i'll be upset haha. The booklet that comes with BMT is so awesome.

I swear the Beneath Medicine Tree pressing is one of my favorite ever.  That booklet is probably the thing that made me change from buying CDs to buying records.

I swear the Beneath Medicine Tree pressing is one of my favorite ever.  That booklet is probably the thing that made me change from buying CDs to buying records.

Same here. The overall packaging of beneath just kills. That's why it would be a huge bummer if the new pressing didn't follow, and i don't think it will.

nice! that was literally the only thing I wanted to know in the AMA. i was kinda hesitant about them answering the question either. i'm glad it's going to happen for a new fan like myself AND all the other fans who have been waiting

Yes! I wanted to know about a repress and if ixora would possibly be a x2 12'' and have bonus tracks on the D side like YAMS. both questions at least got a response. no concrete answers but something to hope for! :D :D :D

"Lots of folks asking about vinyl reissues. All of the records have been licensed for reissue by labels. There are some legal hiccups with the first 2 records. YAMS should be getting underway without too much red tape though."

So am I the only one that read this as "The licensing has already been sold, so it'll be really hard to ever release the first two, but we can make YAMS happen"?

Do you guys take this to mean that copeland is reissuing their catalog?

I own the the exclusive licensing to a Militia Group record. If the deals were like mine (which I'm pretty sure they were), they don't have the rights to release those two records. 

Yes! I wanted to know about a repress and if ixora would possibly be a x2 12'' and have bonus tracks on the D side like YAMS. both questions at least got a response. no concrete answers but something to hope for! :D :D :D

Exactly, sounds like they're on our side as far as getting the reissues out there. It's good to know even though they weren't together, they were listening to the fans (fans with record players at least ;) )

So am I the only one that read this as "The licensing has already been sold, so it'll be really hard to ever release the first two, but we can make YAMS happen"?

Do you guys take this to mean that copeland is reissuing their catalog?

I own the the exclusive licensing to a Militia Group record. If the deals were like mine (which I'm pretty sure they were), they don't have the rights to release those two records.

It sound like the first two had a couple hurdles to jump through but they were trying to get them released. Hiccup as in, minor setbacks. Maybe I'm just trying to make it work bc I want it to happen so badly lol wishful thinking I guess

It sound like the first two had a couple hurdles to jump through but they were trying to get them released. Hiccup as in, minor setbacks. Maybe I'm just trying to make it work bc I want it to happen so badly lol wishful thinking I guess

by telling everyone "this is happening for sure, hold off on buying the originals", you don't really have any concrete info. this could take years and is nowhere near a done-deal. though i think it's possible it will happen someday. i wouldn't want to have to deal with AFS to get these licenses. I don't even know if they're allowed to sell them. 

by telling everyone "this is happening for sure, hold off on buying the originals", you don't really have any concrete info. this could take years and is nowhere near a done-deal. though i think it's possible it will happen someday. i wouldn't want to have to deal with AFS to get these licenses. I don't even know if they're allowed to sell them.

True true. Dreamover, pulling me back to reality

why would they have to deal with AFS? that was a label they licensed a pressing to, not the original label that owns the rights

Also, YAMS was released by T&N and Copeland weren't big enough to justify to be one of the bands that was "off-limits" when they sold the back catalog to Capitol Christian. When I read that, I wondered how they were repressing that record?

I had the same thoughts on that. I was thinking YAMS would be the harder one to get repressed.

Also, YAMS was released by T&N and Copeland weren't big enough to justify to be one of the bands that was "off-limits" when they sold the back catalog to Capitol Christian. When I read that, I wondered how they were repressing that record?

I had the same thoughts on that. I was thinking YAMS would be the harder one to get repressed.

i don't know for sure and this is just speculation but... by the time copeland made their deal with T&N they had already had their share of bad experiences with labels. it's very possible that they worked out the contract so they retained the rights of their record and basically just "licensed" it to tooth & nail. further seems forever had similar contracts and still own their own music.