PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Got a copy of the MOV Gold and plays great, and out of curiosity picked up a original GSL copy off eBay for real cheap. The original just came in last night and also sounds very good. I am gonna have a buddy over soon and do a blind test of several songs and see if he picks one album or the other consistently. He has never heard either version of Deloused on vinyl so it should be interesting to see which one he picks. Once I get him to come over and do the test I'll post my results and what system set up was used.

Are we talking the OP or last year's black Boot? That 'off eBay for real cheap' part makes me kinda curious.

You can almost tell when a repress that hasn't been widely announced has been confirmed, you'll see the OG presses of w/e release it may be FLOOD the discogs Sale pages.

Yeah, it is interesting though in some of those special cases, for example the new Chiodos BPB reissue. Due to some reason they cannot include the song Teeth the Size of Piano Keys in new pressings (on both cd and vinyl) thus the grand coda. I have the original vinyl and picked up the reissue as well, but I have a feeling the original will retain value solely because of the missing song. *Sorry also for getting off the Volta topic.

By cheap I mean $70 bucks and by original I mean OP GSL silver from 2003. 

I was wondering what ballpark you meant also and that is pretty good considering the way the prices have been looking lately. They were always crazy but it seemed to jump right before the MOV press.

I scored an original GSL for $40 on eBay in late 2010. It was wild.

Yeah, it is interesting though in some of those special cases, for example the new Chiodos BPB reissue. Due to some reason they cannot include the song Teeth the Size of Piano Keys in new pressings (on both cd and vinyl) thus the grand coda. I have the original vinyl and picked up the reissue as well, but I have a feeling the original will retain value solely because of the missing song. *Sorry also for getting off the Volta topic.

Yeah, that's an interesting case. 

I would bet the song edits being found in the new Blink 182 - Enema of the State repress will help older pressing retain value as well.

Awesome, great deal. Hope your copy is in good shape and not one of the many warped copies, which are barely listenable. Really excited for that sound-off ;)

Thanks, yeah there was a small warp, but nothing a record clamp couldn't handle. I played it real quick last night and it sounded quite amazing. My buddy is coming over after work so I should have the results up latter tonight. It will be interesting to see if he can notice a difference at all. 

So I did the test, which had to be cut short due to my buddy needing to get somewhere. We listened to the last two tracks. It went OP GSL disc 2 side B and then MOV Gold disc 2 side B (He insisted on listening to Televators). Sadly we didn't have as much time to test other songs, but the results came up with him favoring the MOV version slightly because he felt it was more even/balanced. Surprisingly though the MOV had more surface noise then the OP GSL. I actually prefer the OP GSL, but I am probably biased. The MOV imo is very detailed and very good, but the OP GSL has a smidgen more depth and an infectious boogie to it. After the test though my buddy (who only listened to Volta in high school) asked if they still had any copies and said he would be picking up a black version of the MOV pressing. In case you where wondering about the set up the system ran as such. A VPI HW-19 Jr with a Dynavector 10X5 on a VPI 10.5i Memorial Arm into a Lehmann Black Cube into a Planar SR2040 (think 70's Marantz) into Acoustic Research 28B Speakers.

This being one of my favorite albums, I sprung for both silver and gold. Unfortunately both came in with inner sleeves split to shit. Same no help response from SRC, last time I order anything from them.

Has anyone that has had seem splits actually tried the label that put these out, and not just complained when an exclusive distro didn't have extra inners lying around?

SRC simply distro'ed 1500 copies on an exclusive color. Why would they have more inners lying around?

Guest stl_ben.

This being one of my favorite albums, I sprung for both silver and gold. Unfortunately both came in with inner sleeves split to shit. Same no help response from SRC, last time I order anything from them.

Really? Inner sleeve splits make you never order from someone again? How is that anyone but the post office's fault. Unless SRC put the sleeves in there already split?

Has anyone that has had seem splits actually tried the label that put these out, and not just complained when an exclusive distro didn't have extra inners lying around?

SRC simply distro'ed 1500 copies on an exclusive color. Why would they have more inners lying around?

If anyone does get in contact with MOV about this, please let us know how they respond. They sent me a replacement record for one of their mispressed releases but the inner was nearly split in two.

I think they had inners lying around for the Brand New release they did through MOV.  So that's why people are contacting SRC instead, I think but could be wrong.

Guest stl_ben.

Someone change the thread title to "bitching about de-loused seam splits.

I know, right? Practically as bad as the Blink thread at this point.

Really? Inner sleeve splits make you never order from someone again? How is that anyone but the post office's fault. Unless SRC put the sleeves in there already split?

Refusing to take the records out of the sleeve when somebody specifically asks is reason enough. If I'm spending 50 dollars on a new record I think its reasonable to ask them to take a 20 second precaution to make sure my limited, collectors edition item gets to me safe. I've got another 80 bucks of vinyl preordered with them, I really prefer if it arrived in new condition.

I got replacement inners for the Brand New ‎– The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me MOV press thru SRC....

http://www.discogs.com/Brand-New-The-Devil-And-God-Are-Raging-Inside-Me/release/5053908

...so... yeah...

Yeah, indeed. I'm surprised they had them, and it makes me wonder how they have the rights as a US company/seller to distribute something with EU rights in the US. Legal loophole, maybe? I'm not really going to worry about it as it's over my head. I'm probably not even using proper terminology to describe what I mean.