PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Pretty fishy... if this is the case, SRC needs to start issuing refunds for Amputechture. I could use that money for something else. I'm not going to be happy if I wait until the 24th just to be told it's not happening.

I don't think SRC have issued refunds in the history of ever. They can hook you up with some sweet store credit, though.

Sent SRC an email asking about this with the recent discovery of MOV removing the TMV titles from their online catalog, here's the response I got:

"Where is this stuff coming from. The records are shipping to us friday. This is insane. People wonder why it takes me 3 days to get back to them when i get hundreds of emails like this daily.

Sorry but we dont rip people off. This will ship before the 24th. I assume on the weekend (21st and 22nd) we will get in extra people and ship all 1250 copies out."

I know it's genuine because I got an unfriendly response.  I used to do technical support for AT&T U-Verse and when we got hundreds of calls about the same issue we always addressed the masses with a statement to stop all of those extra customer service calls.  If they'd work smarter, they wouldn't have to work so hard.  :P  I hope they read this too.

Sent SRC an email asking about this with the recent discovery of MOV removing the TMV titles from their online catalog, here's the response I got:

"Where is this stuff coming from. The records are shipping to us friday. This is insane. People wonder why it takes me 3 days to get back to them when i get hundreds of emails like this daily.

Sorry but we dont rip people off. This will ship before the 24th. I assume on the weekend (21st and 22nd) we will get in extra people and ship all 1250 copies out."

I know it's genuine because I got an unfriendly response.  I used to do technical support for AT&T U-Verse and when we got hundreds of calls about the same issue we always addressed the masses with a statement to stop all of those extra customer service calls.  If they'd work smarter, they wouldn't have to work so hard.  :P  I hope they read this too.

New email from SRC addressing the rumors:

Mars Volta - Amputechture Shipping Update, Last Chance DELOUSED!

For those who pre ordered The Mars Volta's Amputechture we anticipate shipping your pre order ON OR BEFORE June 24th. There have been some online rumors that this release was canceled which is NOT true. These are just delayed due to transit to us. They are pressed and ready to go, just waiting for them to arrive!!!

If you have not yet PRE ORDERED you should ASAP as we are QUICKLY selling out of Amputechture. This release is limited to 1250 copies and we are getting down to the last few hundred. Get your copy now here:

The Mars Volta - Amputechture 2XLP

As well, we only have a SMALL amount of the De-loused coming to us with this shipment. After these sell out we will not be carrying any more. So if you have not yet grabbed a copy of De-loused on 180 Gram Black vinyl... do so now. We have about 70 left:

The Mars Volta - De-loused In The Comatorium 2XLP

For those who pre ordered The Mars Volta's Amputechture we anticipate shipping your pre order ON OR BEFORE June 24th. There have been some online rumors that this release was canceled which is NOT true. These are just delayed due to transit to us. They are pressed and ready to go, just waiting for them to arrive!!!

If you have not yet PRE ORDERED you should ASAP as we are QUICKLY selling out of Amputechture. This release is limited to 1250 copies and we are getting down to the last few hundred. Get your copy now here:

As well, we only have a SMALL amount of the De-loused coming to us with this shipment. After these sell out we will not be carrying any more. So if you have not yet grabbed a copy of De-loused on 180 Gram Black vinyl... do so now. We have about 70 left:

Yep, just got done reading that email blast they sent out.  I did respond telling them all they need to do is address the masses about it and they wouldn't have to deal with all the emails about the same issue (non-issue) in this case.  They need to realize that all of us stay in tune with the status of a product that we've already paid them for.  When weird things happen, we get nervous in the service and want our minds eased.  All we wanted to know is that it was still on and there wasn't a major problem, no need to get snippy with the people emailing them to ask about it.  Because like I said, they have my money, so technically I'm looking out for my investment and I have every right in the world to do that.  :D

Hmmm that's weird. I didn't get that email blast but checked my order status and I'm still good to go. Just ready to have this album in my possession already!

I want to know why they won't be carrying De-Loused anymore?? It didn't seem like the black would be a one and done pressing. Using the mosaic theory, it leads me to believe that MOV/Universal Europe unintentionally or intentionally screwed up and is getting squeezed by the Mars Volta's legal team. I am betting Frances the Mute is not going to happen (unless it comes out through Nadie) and MOV will end up paying out a settlement to TMV. 

I want to know why they won't be carrying De-Loused anymore?? It didn't seem like the black would be a one and done pressing. Using the mosaic theory, it leads me to believe that MOV/Universal Europe unintentionally or intentionally screwed up and is getting squeezed by the Mars Volta's legal team. I am betting Frances the Mute is not going to happen (unless it comes out through Nadie) and MOV will end up paying out a settlement to TMV. 

Mosaic Theory ≠ Unfounded Assumptions.

Black was limited to 1500, Silver to 1500, and Gold to 3000 3500.  End of story.

Deloused, check.  Amputechture on its way soon, check.  Frances the Mute is coming... be it MOV or Nadie, it's going to come from somewhere... and when it does, checkmate.  I just want the music ladies and gents, these politics are boring and stupid.  If I knew how to send money to Cedric and Omar, I'd do it.  Just for making such awesome music.  ;)