PO: Disney's TRON (Original) OST 2LP

Probably not the Tron you were looking for. Couldn't find a thread on it, so I assume this is news. 

41IhlKyqqhL._SX300_.jpg

Blue Vinyl

June 17, 2014

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack-Translucent/dp/B00JJBII1O/ref=pd_sim_m_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=07S17H2KWNQKM45X9AYW

The Tron Legacy was $40 when it came out... It now sells for over $200. Now, that might have a lot to do with it being limited and Daft Punk fans being insane but I chalk that up to speculation on my part.

Yeah I still kind of kick myself for never getting that.  I just hope the price drops alittle so I wont feel so bad purchasing this.

Always see an original (and maybe a sealed one) at my local store for like $15.

This is stupid.

Yeah but is it blue?! but truly, I agree. There's copies on discogs for like 20 bucks. I don't get the whole craze over soundtrack represses really. Especially readily available things like this, or the Muppet Movie soundtrack, or Ghostbusters, and so on. Its cool that theres interest, but its like when really old classic rock records get rereleased for stupid amounts, see 'Rumours' by Fleetwood Mac; RP was like $35 or so, but the OP of that record is the king of dollar bins. Meh. 

It's a shame when a label comes and puts actual effort into a release, people are so quick to dismiss it because it's >$30 but will lose their shit hitting f5 over some hot topic exclusive cut from CD and packaged in a pixelated jacket.

For what it's worth, this label never fails to put out a quality product. It's being cut from the masters by one of the best mastering engineers out there, spread out from 1 very crammed LP to a 2 LP set, pressed at one of the best plants in the world, and I'm not certain about this but I believe it may even be expanded a bit.

You're definitely getting what you're paying for here.

It's a shame when a label comes and puts actual effort into a release, people are so quick to dismiss it because it's >$30 but will lose their shit hitting f5 over some hot topic exclusive cut from CD and packaged in a pixelated jacket.

For what it's worth, this label never fails to put out a quality product. It's being cut from the masters by one of the best mastering engineers out there, spread out from 1 very crammed LP to a 2 LP set, pressed at one of the best plants in the world, and I'm not certain about this but I believe it may even be expanded a bit.

which plant?

All that is nice but still can't justify a 40 dollar price tag.

This is a nice sentiment.  But this is the reissue of the soundtrack of a somewhat silly children's sci-fi adventure movie from the 80s.  I wouldn't mind if it was cut from cd and put into a pixelated jacket and sold cheap, because although I'd really like to have it, I can't see a lot of times when I'd really want to listen to it.