BEST/WORST PURCHASES FROM RSD '14

Best placebo 1973 it's has the best of every jazz genre to me and balek sounds so hip hop I love it

Worst the sun ra record this was my first sun ra album hearing I'm open to different music but idk something about it that I don't like I can't put my tongue on but I appreciate it for what he was trying to do

I also bought tame impala live version, black milk glitches in the break, fleetwood mac 7, and chuck inglish and chance the rapper 7

I didn't like nothing was gatefold like I paid 30 for sun ra and placebo and it's not even gatefold or has a cool packaging

Didn't pick up a lot.

I got the Dads 7", OFF! 7", Cage the Elephant 7", and the SYG 10" reissue because I remember being real into them in 7th and 8th grade, and was actually not disappointed. Actually enjoyed it.

I'm not really upset with any of my purchases. Dads was probably at the top, just because of how out of the blue it was. Nice and melodic. OFF was high quality, but a bit short. SYG was real cool and nostalgic.

Probably the most upset with CTE, just because it was a little flimsy, and honestly, it could've been on a color. RCA sux. 

I was the happiest with paranorman, bastille, dazed and confused (somehow leftover from last year?), and the zombies!! I had to track down liars and Scott pilgrim so im still waiting for them to arrive.

I probably shouldn't have bought the dresden dolls and wizard of oz but I was in the heat of the moment.

you're aware that it's not a violent femmes covers album, right?

Wow I'm an idiot. I was told that it was on false premises I guess, I didn't even look at the track names. I am dumb.

It's still the worst RSD thing I got, though. Definitely the most boring.

Best would be The Twilight Sad, luckily acquired through the good deeds of a board member since it was UK-Only, runner up being The Field.

Best: Cake set - resleeved all the vinyl and had to store the box off to the side. The jackets are nice but wanted to keep vinyl clean and not scuffed from sliding in and out of the sleeves they came in....

Also Paranorman sounds awesome even considering its a GID...

Worst: NONE! Two dozen new things and Im happy with everything Ive had a chance to listen to...

Did anyone listen to the yardbirds lp - sounds I heard? I was lucky to find one and have yet to open it.

I was the happiest with paranorman, bastille, dazed and confused (somehow leftover from last year?), and the zombies!! I had to track down liars and Scott pilgrim so im still waiting for them to arrive.

I probably shouldn't have bought the dresden dolls and wizard of oz but I was in the heat of the moment.

Still looking for the Zombies I love you ep....a great release. Did not come across it.

I'd say best for me would be Twilight Sad (thanks to possibly the same member here?), DCFC and Pinback

Worst would maybe be the VU - Loaded.  not 'cause I hate it, but there is a bit of sibilance (the 's' sounds are distinct) that was mentioned before on this pressing.  it doesn't bother me that badly, but thought I'd bring it up in case anyone does hate that type of thing and runs across this release.  it's still beautiful!

Overall good year.  I didn't hate any of the 8 records I purchased.  I only regret not finding a Liars 12" or Paranorman and maybe my hesitation with Songs Ohia twice (not a 7" collector, but augh!)

Best: The Twilight Sad and Of Montreal LPs were both fantastic and with some great new bonus material.

Worst: All of the 7"s that were released, don't get me wrong they all sound great (the ones I bought anyway) but the prices are getting ridiculous now.

I completely agree about the prices on the 7" !!

I didn't pay more than $8 for a 7" on RSD

Dang that does stink, sorry to hear about the crazy markup :/

Buying vinyl in Europe sucks. The prices are sky-high and if you order from America the price is good but the shipping is sky-high. Visited Florida last year and record shopping was heaven. I would never get Analphabetapolothology for 15 dollars in Sweden

Although my buddy did open his Tame and started bitching that it said they cut the show(obvious) so it could fit on one disc and maybe they will release the rest later

Umm why wouldnt they just do a double

I havent opened or listened to mine yet but that seems half assed

do either of u guys still want yours? im looking for one to buy

I'd say best for me would be Twilight Sad (thanks to possibly the same member here?), DCFC and Pinback

Worst would maybe be the VU - Loaded.  not 'cause I hate it, but there is a bit of sibilance (the 's' sounds are distinct) that was mentioned before on this pressing.  it doesn't bother me that badly, but thought I'd bring it up in case anyone does hate that type of thing and runs across this release.  it's still beautiful!

Overall good year.  I didn't hate any of the 8 records I purchased.  I only regret not finding a Liars 12" or Paranorman and maybe my hesitation with Songs Ohia twice (not a 7" collector, but augh!)

VU always has pretty shitty vinyl releases for some odd reason.