BEST/WORST PURCHASES FROM RSD '14

Alright now that it's been over 24 hours and I've pretty much listened to most of my purchases more than once, there are definitely purchases that stand out among the others. So just wondering what everyones best/worst purchase from RSD is?

My Best:

Tie between Sharon Jones Dap Dippin', Pretty Lights The Hidden Shades and Notorious BIG Life After Death.

My Worst:

Bruce Springsteen (Was super upset with this LP compared to all my other purchases.)

Just out if curiosity: what's wrong with the DCFC live album? sound quality or packaging?

My side B is a little wonky.  I think it's because the hole is a little too big for the spindle.  I'm going to try to troubleshoot it and see if that fixes it.  It makes the orchestra sound like the speed is slowing down/speeding up over and over.  The other 3 sides sound phenomenal though.  I went to this tour and fell in love with the orchestra accompanying one of my favorite bands so I'm super stoked to be able to listen to it on demand.

I've seen Death Cab a couple times and I think the content isn't among their best live performances. The cover art is a little meh also. No gripes with the sound quality

Hmm really wanted this but it was sold out at most places I went too. Was thinking of looking it once the craze settled down but thinking differently now.

I've seen Death Cab a couple times and I think the content isn't among their best live performances. The cover art is a little meh also. No gripes with the sound quality

The setting for this performance was a lot different from anything else they've done, too, so it's kind of a different atmosphere all around.  I had goosebumps the entire show when I saw them in NYC.

The setting for this performance was a lot different from anything else they've done, too, so it's kind of a different atmosphere all around.  I had goosebumps the entire show when I saw them in NYC.

Yep, I thought the orchestra was the difference hearing this.

Would be super sweet to see in person, but as a live LP it didn't do much for me.

Although my buddy did open his Tame and started bitching that it said they cut the show(obvious) so it could fit on one disc and maybe they will release the rest later

Umm why wouldnt they just do a double

I havent opened or listened to mine yet but that seems half assed

They said they were releasing these songs specifically because of how different the live versions sound compared to the studio versions. I assume the rest of the songs were the same as the studio versions shrug.gif

That Dolly Parton 7" was a complete bust (no pun intended). I was expecting a Loretta Lynn-like revival, but it's pure pop country shit. Instant regret when the needle hit the record. At least it was inexpensive.

Can't decide on the best, but I absolutely LOVE that Spiritualized song on The Space Project. It's the best thing I heard yesterday. Best overall piece is probably the Songs:Ohia box set though.

The Cake box set is just phenomenal, as is Childish Gambino.

Bayside is the only thing I'm meh about since I already the album and it's only one new song.

Sell me Bayside! ;)

Best purchase was Pinback. One of my favorite albums. So glad to own it.

As it's been said, the SDRE/Circa split was a letdown, especially at $12.

Best overall piece is probably the Songs:Ohia box set though.

Agreed, definitely the best thing I bought yesterday, both presentation and music-wise.

(The "Pop Yeh Yeh" comp from Sublime Frequencies is a close second, I can't stop listening to it.)

Haven't been too let down by anything, but the Outkast reissue was kinda flimsy for a $25-30 list price. At least it sounds good.

I really like the packaging of Fun.

Bleachers 7" is almost so flimsy that it could be considered a flexi

Love the Fun. record as well. And yes, the Bleachers 7" is pretty thin, but I just played mine for the first time and it sounds phenomenal so I can't really complain. I don't know if anyone got a badly warped copy or if its thinness will make it more prone to warping in the future or maybe just make it less durable over time, but for now it seems to have no negative impact on it.

This is actually my first time hearing the Bleachers song too. Went in blindly on it, but heard good things about it. I love it!  :D