Self Defense Family-Infinite Releases Thread

• 1 month later...

Heaven Is Earth is so much better IMO. I just think it's better songwriting and more adventurous instrumentation. My only complaint was why record it in 4 different places and then try to make it all sound like one cohesive record that blends together. Weaker opener but outside of that it's the better album to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello: this is just a heads up to our pre-existing Self Defense Family customers that this week we'll be announcing a new Self Defense Family record and taking pre-orders. "When The Barn Caves In" b/w "Alan" is a new single recorded with J. Robbins at Magpie Cage studios in Baltimore, MD and is some of our favorite SDF material.

Pre-orders go live at www.ironpier.net on Wednesday October 7th at 2pm EST. The pre-order will contain several 7" vinyl color options, a limited photo book package, a limited cassette, a new long-sleeve SDF t-shirt by acclaimed artist Reuben Sawyer, a deluxe pre-order package, a limited-edition cover variant of "You Are Beneath Her," SDF's new cassette "Best Of" compilation on Bad Painting records, a discount on "Duets," and several distributed SDF titles.

Make sure to snag that duets on wednesday, it's so good I got the /200 pressing awhile back. I may be interested in the alt cover of "you are beneath her" my yellow copy is kind of noisy, J.Robbins + SDF means I'm in (but my local always gets sdf and I'm friends with the only other person who buys their stuff, so it generally sits for months) but this is same day as the teen suicide pre-orders. I'm going to have a hard time deciding, I may have to unload a few things to afford everything dropping that day

This is my dumbest post yet, but if you are like me and can't wait a few hours, Iron Pier has a placeholder photo so you can see what the cover of the 7"s look like, as well as the book and new longsleeve shirt.

http://ironpier.limitedrun.com/products/516339-self-defense-family-you-are-beneath-her

lol thanks I've got it tabbed open so I can start refreshing soon