Reissue: Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

• 3 weeks later...

Washing Machine isn't that hard to find a decent copy! I got one for $40 mint….I feel its worth it for an original press at that price..it was a year ago so maybe its gone up? IDK...

But defiantly grabbing this Repress! 

Edit: Ok Washing Machine has gone up…it went for $63 consistently …yea anything over $40 for an Original is my cut off! Rather have a repress if I didn't own it

I don't know if I should pull the trigger on pre-ordering the reissue. Isn't the older deluxe edition not as good as an original Enigma? I've heard conflicting reports. (Asking this because I figure they'd use the same exact master once again.) I guess if it's better than the Geffen CD I got it'd be a great buy.

Then there's the whole matter with eBay being a bit weird right now. I've been eyeing originals for a while and sold listings are all over the place. An SST Evol for $100, then one went for $47...then I grabbed one for $23.50! Splendid condition too. IF ONLY I'd get lucky like that with an Enigma Daydream Nation.... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Quick question, Sonic Youth relelated...  Discogs only has one listing for the LP's of A Thousand Leaves, Murray Street and Sonic Nurse yet I see them new at places like Amoeba.  It seems to me that albums printed 10-15 years ago by a popular cult band would had to have been repressed a couple of times.  

Has anybody purchased a new copy of either of these albums recently and comment on the sound qaulity?  Actually, if somebody could explain the difference between a re-issue and re-press and whether they are "tracked" as official releases, that would be super helpful too.  

Quick question, Sonic Youth relelated...  Discogs only has one listing for the LP's of A Thousand Leaves, Murray Street and Sonic Nurse yet I see them new at places like Amoeba.  It seems to me that albums printed 10-15 years ago by a popular cult band would had to have been repressed a couple of times.  

Has anybody purchased a new copy of either of these albums recently and comment on the sound qaulity?  Actually, if somebody could explain the difference between a re-issue and re-press and whether they are "tracked" as official releases, that would be super helpful too.  

it may be because those albums aren't as highly regarded by fans as some of their other releases. although that wouldn't explain why Experimental, Jet Set and NYC Ghosts aren't readily available.

Thanks for the response guys.   Will be snagging all 3 of those eventually (and Murray Street sooner than later).   As much as I enjoy Daydream Nation, Washing Machine through Nurse is my favorite era of SY.

They all sound good and the price is very reasonable if I recall.  I think the label has just done a really good job of keeping them in print.