PO: Anberlin - Lowborn (Final Album) 7/22

Okay, just a couple responses I need to make.

1) The cover looking "dirty" is a juvenile comment. Who the hell crosses their fingers when doing something sexual to someone? It's supposed to look like gold. I personally imagine it's supposed to be the crossed fingers hand being turned slowly into gold, almost a Midas' touch reference.

2) The gray cover with the gold on the hand is the "official cover". It's the one being used on the vinyl and digital releases. The vinyl one is actually a bit different, with the band name and album title in the corners. The one where it's centered is the official cover. The colors are exclusive to the different physical copies.

3) If Dissenter is too heavy for you to the point where you as an Anberlin fan think it's "not worth 1/10 of the album", you have a very limited taste. Were the screams in "The Feel Good Drag" too much? Just because the song is mostly scream-ish doesn't make it "not Anberlin". It fits within the energy of their sound.  And honestly, he's not even screaming....he's shouting with some distortion on his vocal track. Can you not make it through an Underoath song, because that's WAY heavier.

And I just can't stand fans acting like the band "owes them" 10 songs (or more) of what they want stylistically. They don't owe you crap.
There are many examples of great "random" heavy shout songs in the middle of an album....it's actually pretty cool. An extreme example is "My First Punk Song" on the Box Car Racer record. It breaks up the album with a sort of unexpected fast and energetic song, almost to shift the flow. Anberlin knows what they're doing.

I personally don't think the band "owes us 10 more songs" but I feel there will be more than a couple of B-Sides to their final album, like what they did with Vital.

Yeah not trying to be greedy but ever since cities Ive been spoiled with "this edition has more tracks"

And its usually a good deal of b sides. so kinda a bummer they have stated no b sides no deluxe editions with extra tracks.

Since this is last album, i wouldn't be upset if a bonus ep came out with some b sides but i am not holding my breath.

1) The cover looking "dirty" is a juvenile comment. Who the hell crosses their fingers when doing something sexual to someone? It's supposed to look like gold. I personally imagine it's supposed to be the crossed fingers hand being turned slowly into gold, almost a Midas' touch reference.

2) The gray cover with the gold on the hand is the "official cover". It's the one being used on the vinyl and digital releases. The vinyl one is actually a bit different, with the band name and album title in the corners. The one where it's centered is the official cover. The colors are exclusive to the different physical copies.

3) If Dissenter is too heavy for you to the point where you as an Anberlin fan think it's "not worth 1/10 of the album", you have a very limited taste. Were the screams in "The Feel Good Drag" too much? Just because the song is mostly scream-ish doesn't make it "not Anberlin". It fits within the energy of their sound.  And honestly, he's not even screaming....he's shouting with some distortion on his vocal track. Can you not make it through an Underoath song, because that's WAY heavier.

And I just can't stand fans acting like the band "owes them" 10 songs (or more) of what they want stylistically. They don't owe you crap.

There are many examples of great "random" heavy shout songs in the middle of an album....it's actually pretty cool. An extreme example is "My First Punk Song" on the Box Car Racer record. It breaks up the album with a sort of unexpected fast and energetic song, almost to shift the flow. Anberlin knows what they're doing.

i hope that's an actual photo of you in your avatar. mine is an actual photo of me.

I hope you feel better for having shared this with the rest of us.  

It would be interesting to hear when you started listening to Anberlin. Because this reads of someone who's been there since the beginning, but I actually saw these guys play in Florida prior to forming Anberlin when a few of them were in Sagoh 24/7, and I know you were not one of the seven people at those shows. 

Yeah not trying to be greedy but ever since cities Ive been spoiled with "this edition has more tracks"

And its usually a good deal of b sides. so kinda a bummer they have stated no b sides no deluxe editions with extra tracks.

Since this is last album, i wouldn't be upset if a bonus ep came out with some b sides but i am not holding my breath.

It's already been confirmed that there are just the 10 tracks.

yes i know

I was simply hoping for some sort of lost songs 2 after the band is no more, say like 2015 or something.

I was really hoping for a color variant for pre order. Would I be stupid to hold out on buying physical copy until a second press thats hopefully colored to come out?

The first three were all part of a record store day in 2011 i believe and the band didn't know anything about the pressings.

New surrender is the only color vinyl anblerin has for an LP.

Vital and Dark/Light are also black. I doubt this will get a repress. This will probably be the only pressing