I threw out my back today...

God it sucks so bad. I've never experienced it before but it's absolutely awful. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I was at work (I work with construction equipment), and we have these big bundles of wire that my friend and I were trying to stack and straighten out. We both got on one side to pull and after about the second pull I felt it go. Right in the lower back. I had to leave work early cause there was no way I was making it through the rest of the day.

Came home, laid on the floor with an ice pack on my back, then went to the chiropractor. Since it wa my first time going they didn't do much except schedule me to go back tomorrow (well, technically today now).

I'm really hoping its a little better by tomorrow because the worst part is, I have my only 2 finals tomorrow, and I can barely sit up let alone sit AND concentrate on some tests.

But yeah. Avoid throwing your back out at all cost. Of course I had to shit earlier and that was the most painful/torturous experiences ever.

I'm in the fabrication trade (press brake) and it's 10-12 hours shifts standing on concrete with no back support. Those stress mats are a crock of shit.. My back is in constant pain or needing to be cracked, there's no trade off. Ice packs nightly when I get home, and im only 29 and have been in this trade since i was 22.

My dad used to lift weights competitively in high school and could dead lift 417 as a senior. One day he just demolished a few discs in his back so now when his back goes out on him he walks around like the hunchback and in incredible pain until he lays down and someone pulls one leg and pops everything back into place. I've even had to change his shoes and socks because it hurt so bad to bend over (you could see the tears in his eyes when he tried.)

Anyway. Best of luck to you!!!

This is a defining moment in your life indeed. You can get through it!

The stretch best for this is sitting down and reaching for your toes.

Yeah stretching is the best thing to start with for a bulged disc. Watch a couple youtube videos for stretches.

Most common ones are to first lay on the ground and roll yourself into a ball. Then lie flat and repeat a few times. Then flip over. Put your hands on the floor and sorta do a push-up, but keep your groin and legs on the floor.

The idea is simple -- you are first trying to get space between the vertebrae, then to pinch them in order to get the disc to retreat. It's easier to explain via video.

You need to really work hard on this now, because the longer it stays out, the harder it is to get the disc back. If you are really in bad pain, see a doc and have him recommend physical therapy. WAY better now to get this via physical therapy than to need a spinal fusion later.

I hurt my back doing long jump in high school during indoor track season. I landed wrong once junior year because the sandpit was recessed into the floor. Could barely walk, laying down didn't help. The only time it didn't hurt was ironically when I was in my car for some reason. Xrays didn't show anything wrong, I learned myself that stretching and hot water is the best solution. I would take 20 minute very hot water showers and stretch. I still do that now 20 years later and hot water is my miracle cure.

I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks. I've been pulling muscles and pinching nerves left and right.

Other day, I actually woke up to a nerve being pinched in my neck, great morning.

i fell down the steps and landed on my lower back at the end of last summer. went to the ER and got checked out because i was in so much pain just when i breathed, but x-rays showed nothing was broken. i had a huge bruise and brush burn right in the small of my back, but the most pain was up  between my shoulder blades, which was weird since i didn't even hit that on the way down.

long story short, i went to physical therapy, they said there was some spinal compression on one or two of my vertebrae when they looked at the x-ray. apparently when i hit my lower back, all that shock traveled up my back and the brunt of it was absorbed by my upper back, where it exited. all the muscles around my spine went into some sort of sympathy lockdown because of the injury. the 5 or so weeks of PT helped a lot, but my insurance cut me off. it's a lot better now, but some days it really bothers me and some days i almost forget that it was ever injured.

ever since then, i can't crack my back because it's too painful to twist like that, which really irritates me.

I also did some damage to my back at work. It just began seizing and I was stuck hunched over for about 24hrs. Took a few days to get back into the swing of things. 

Best thing I ever did was get into yoga after. Say whatever you want about it, I 100% attribute it to my quick recovery and not throwing it out since. I started with a DDP Yoga torrent (DDP like fucking Diamond Dallas Page, no joke) and it was great for someone who knows nothing about yoga and wanted to avoid as much hippy shit as possible. Seriously think about looking into it, 

I also did some damage to my back at work. It just began seizing and I was stuck hunched over for about 24hrs. Took a few days to get back into the swing of things.

Best thing I ever did was get into yoga after. Say whatever you want about it, I 100% attribute it to my quick recovery and not throwing it out since. I started with a DDP Yoga torrent (DDP like fucking Diamond Dallas Page, no joke) and it was great for someone who knows nothing about yoga and wanted to avoid as much hippy shit as possible. Seriously think about looking into it,

I heard this was dope. (He helped rehabilitate Jake The Snake) I've been thinking about trying hot yoga myself