Do You Buy Doubles of Records?

Some of the records like Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" or Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks" which were their favorites they did. But they took really great care of all of them so most are in NM to M condition. 

parents with great taste, very nice. hope they had 2 copies of darkness on the edge of town! it's weird how some people just listen to music less as they get older. my dad doesn't really anymore, but he loved floyd and zappa back in the day and still gets excited when we talk about it. it would've been so fucking cool to get to come home and put on the "new" pink floyd and smoke a joint with your buddies....

No....I don't get the point of this. With the logic of 'in case one gets screwed up', your lives must be whacky. Well I bought 2 new cars in case I crash one, I bought two new tvs in case one falls and breaks, I bought two new dogs in case one gets smacked by a car, etc. This hobby is already expensive as it is these days, I'm not going to drop double the amount on something because shit may, and will, inevitably happen. Sounds like a very expensive, scared way of living life being constantly worried about what happens next and worrying that you haven't planned enough for it. I also find it shitty when this prevents others from enjoying a release. It seems a little selfish and OCD, but thats my opinion.

I don't see anything wrong with picking up an extra of an album you really love. Yeah chances are you'll never need it. But shit happens in life and it'd suck to have something happen to a record only to find its hard to come by another copy.

Of course buying two copies of EVERY RECORD you pick up would be insane.

I pick up multiple copies of records I really enjoy and listen to a lot but it's pretty rare that I do that. I just like to have a back-up copy just in case the original wears out from being spun so much. Maybe it's overkill but it makes me feel a little better and I can afford it so whatever.

Things like Pixies' Doolittle MFSL, Daïtro's split with Sed Non Satiata (actually own 4 copies, 2 of each USA & European pressings... kind of collect that one though), The Bled's Pass The Flask would be another example of one I play at least once a week...

I do own about 6 copies of Steely Dan's Aja as well but that's because I was upgrading copies to better pressings or better condition... not sure if that counts since they're different pressings/editions.

I have two copies of Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous, because my first copy was in poor shape. I also have two copies of Harvey Milk - Courtesy and Good Will Toward Men after I was initially sent a wrong pressing by the label. Used to have two copies of Beth Orton - Central Reservation until I cleaned one up and sold the other.

2 blink self titled one from 2011 & the splatter

2 blink toypaj one w 3 7s & splatter

2 sublime 40 oz one pic disc & one cranberry 2005 reissue.

Prob gonna end up havin 2 blink buddahs & 2 neighborhoods when the splatters come out since I have the split buddah & original ht pressing of neighborhoods.

Had 2 lp hybrid theories since I had the rsd version & the ht clear but kept the ht version & 2 stp purple but got rid or the original when the purple ht one came out. Blink & sublime would be the only ones id keep for doubles since their rare as shit. Ill prob buy a 3rd 40 oz if it comes out again since I missed the ht 2011 reissue. Lol. At least I got the robbin the hood ht 2011 reissue. Also had 2 deftones white ponies & got rid of the black when the ht grey came out.