Impulse buys that turned out great/bad.

Balance and composure - the things we think were missing

I had seen them several years ago opening for senses fail and wasn't impressed. But everyone was hyping it and the guy the store was telling me how rad it was. And we like a lot of similar music. It's not normally what I listen to but I dig it if I'm in the right mood. Definitely glad I bought it

Justin timberlake - 20/20 experience part 2

I loved part one and thought part 2 would be as good. There are a few good songs but it's not as good as part one.

Same on both accounts.

I had heard a bit of B&C and really didn't care much for them, but I bought TTWTWM on a whim and ended up really liking it.

As for the JT Pt. 2, I felt the same way. I have Pt. 1 on vinyl, because I love it, but I just couldn't get Pt. 2.

Like you said, a couple good songs but, ehh...lol

Eassentially all of Dill/Asian Man Records' catalogue. I remember filling out the forms and sending cash to Dill for Skankin' Pickles' albums. My love for the label made me buy pretty much everything they put out. Buying godammit when it came out changed my life. Everything from Slow Gherkin to Chris Murray, MU330, slapstick, 78RPMS, Tuesday, Lawrence Arms. I bought them purely because everything Mike put out was a home run. A lot of it was before you could hear audio clips online, and almost every one of them still gets regular play.

I love you, Mike Park.

Eassentially all of Dill/Asian Man Records' catalogue. I remember filling out the forms and sending cash to Dill for Skankin' Pickles' albums. My love for the label made me buy pretty much everything they put out. Buying godammit when it came out changed my life. Everything from Slow Gherkin to Chris Murray, MU330, slapstick, 78RPMS, Tuesday, Lawrence Arms. I bought them purely because everything Mike put out was a home run. A lot of it was before you could hear audio clips online, and almost every one of them still gets regular play.

I love you, Mike Park.

That really was the best label back in the mid to late 90s.  Kind of lost touch with the bands he's put out on the label since around 2000 though.

Good:

-Citizen/Turnover - Split 7"

-Into It Over It - Proper

-Mixtapes - Ordinary Silence

-Between The Buried and Me - Parallax Hypersleep Dialogues RSD Boxset

-Have Heart - The Things We Carry

Not So Good:

-Troubled Coast - I've Been Thinking About Leaving You

-The Gaslight Anthem - The B Sides

-Lowtalker - The Marathon EP

-Patti Smith - Outside Society

-Rise Against - Siren Song of The Counter Culture (Not as good as I remember it being)

-Modern Baseball  - You're Gonna Miss It All (Bought it after hearing "Your Graduation". Didn't like any other song)

-Bon Iver - Beth/Rest 12"

I'm sure there are more on both ends, but that is all that I can think of at the moment.

Good:

-Citizen/Turnover - Split 7"

-Into It Over It - Proper

-Mixtapes - Ordinary Silence

-Between The Buried and Me - Parallax Hypersleep Dialogues RSD Boxset

-Have Heart - The Things We Carry

Not So Good:

-Troubled Coast - I've Been Thinking About Leaving You

-The Gaslight Anthem - The B Sides

-Lowtalker - The Marathon EP

-Patti Smith - Outside Society

-Rise Against - Siren Song of The Counter Culture (Not as good as I remember it being)

-Modern Baseball  - You're Gonna Miss It All (Bought it after hearing "Your Graduation". Didn't like any other song)

-Bon Iver - Beth/Rest 12"

I'm sure there are more on both ends, but that is all that I can think of at the moment.

Don't even.

I remember reading a good review of Godspeed You Black Emperor - F#A#I couldn't remember what the review said it sounded like but I had some money to burn so I bought it. It's the /500 numbered version. It's since become one of my top 5 all time albums and one of my prized possessions.

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD:

Randomly went into FYE during a lunch break to kill time (working at a client in a different part of town)

I had decided to pass on The Early November Rooms Too Cold press not too long ago and have pretty much been bummed about missing it. Why would I pass on that was a common thought of mine as I searched various places online for a decently priced copy.

Ended up finding a copy at FYE for $14 bucks and said what the heck its the black variant but at least I will have it.

Best lunch break ever!! Opened it up and was surprised it was the green/white variant which was excatly that color choice I had been pricing out!

BAD: RSD 14 space project lp

its not a bad record but its missing songs that are on digital version and 7" version

it was pretty expensive for 1 lp missing tracks, bummed i paid that

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Poison the Well - Opposite of Decmber thinking it was something else back in early 2000, because of that random purchase not only are they one of my favorite bands but it opened me up to so many awesome early melodic/post hardcore bands 

I first started reading this thinking you were saying purchasing OOD was a mistake... Glad to learn it changed your life as much as it did mine. OOD and TFTR will always be classics to me!

My dad bought my brother and I a XM radio for Christmas one year, while listening to it I heard a Underoath song that I enjoyed (at the time was into hip hop). A couple days later I went to wal-mart (the only place in town to get cds) and stumbled across they're only chasing safety, decided "what the heck" bought it without hearing any of their other stuff. Came home, put it on my cd players... and instantly thought " my goodness I have made a terrible mistake" it was just too brutal for my virgin ears at the time. Yet, instead of throwing it out I kept listening to it cause i spend $14 dollars, which was 70% of my disposable income at the time. It grew on me and eventually became my favorite album... from there I discovered tooth and nail records and solidstate. Came across a band  called Norma Jean, listened to one song, thought "I should buy this" had to go to Media Play to O God, the Aftermath. Got in the car put in on my handheld cd player, and 15 seconds into the first song I thought to myself "my goodness i have made a terrible mistake" and the cycle repeated itself... From that experiance I learned to never judge an album on the first few spins and that if i spend money on an album i will make myself listen to it enough times until i like it..