Cancelled (TV) Shows You Wish Would Come Back

I have to take exception to the idea of a Freaks & Geeks revival. The show is set in high school, and it was on 15 years ago. What would they do, catch up with the characters as adults? When has that worked out ever? The show was a product of its time, there's no way any sequel could recapture the magic of a teenage Martin Starr dressed as the Bionic Woman.

What frustrates me about Community is that it had to spend (a much-too-abbreviated) season 5 reestablishing Greendale and the core characters and I got the sense that the story arc of the show was aching to move beyond the school and out into the world to try something new. It had to retrace its steps thanks to an off-the-rails season 4, and now it's stuck with its final episode being a pretty good season finale, but a very frustrating series finale. Seasons 1-3 are unfuckwithable on the level of very few shows, and I'm glad we got those. Too many excellent shows have aged into creaky middling versions of their former selves for me to wish for infinite episode orders of all my favorite shows. I'd still be watching Sealab 2021 if it was on the air, but then we would've never gotten Frisky Dingo and Archer, two shows that improved exponentially on their predecessor. Sometimes things have to die for new, more vital life to spring up.

community has become awful.  loved the first couple seasons, but now its just stupid.

F&G should have had a 2nd season when the show was still going, but it should never be revived.  it was so good, yet another show I dont get why it was cancelled.  

BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE! (I heard they're getting a movie tho)

Also I can't deal with Parenthood getting a last (short) season. Parenthood > 7th heaven

im glad they're at elast getting a short season to wrap everything up.  gotta admit, the writers for that show have thrown literally every single stereotype into that family.  they're not missing anything are they?  biracial family with a child, cancer survivor, family with child on the autism spectrum who befriends an older man who turns out to also be on the spectrum who falls for the childs aunt, a struggling marriage, an adoption, deadbeat dad, single mom with 2 children, a teen pregnancy AND abortion, military boyfriend and the most recent stereotype, lesbian daughter!  I honestly cant think what else they could throw at this family!

im glad they're at elast getting a short season to wrap everything up.  gotta admit, the writers for that show have thrown literally every single stereotype into that family.  they're not missing anything are they?  biracial family with a child, cancer survivor, family with child on the autism spectrum who befriends an older man who turns out to also be on the spectrum who falls for the childs aunt, a struggling marriage, an adoption, deadbeat dad, single mom with 2 children, a teen pregnancy AND abortion, military boyfriend and the most recent stereotype, lesbian daughter!  I honestly cant think what else they could throw at this family!

All so true...but all soo good.

anyone remember boston public? that show pretty much suffered the same thing- where anything that could possibly go wrong in a public school happened.

ugh, fuck degrassi. i saw a good amount of episodes by way of my friends all being big fans, and it amazes me how a revolving cast can be so continuously unlikeable.

All so true...but all soo good.

exactly, I was hooked from the first episode when the grown adult "kids" sneaked a joint after a school thing. It was so real and funny without even coming close to over the top that I knew it wasn't your typical family drama tv show.

Mikes hasn't even listed all of them either. There are so many tiny moments in episodes that all hit 100% home to someone out there and it was executed perfectly. I just hope they take the better part of the last season to focus on how everything In the last 5 years changed them rather than cram more stuff in. Hopefully they do a year later since all the actual kids on the show are growing so it won't be too big of a noticeable jump. Joel needs to get a divorce sadly in order for this show to be perfect to me bc it's shown such an accurate portrayal of real life so far that it can't just stop now.

It'll be missed and I'm more so bummed that more people didn't see it.

If you watch Kroll Show, they do an awesome spoof of Degrassi called Wheels Ontario, where everyone in this Canadian high school is in wheelchair except for one kid. Also just watch Kroll Show.

Kroll Show is the best sketch show on TV right now, even though I'm not sure if sketch show is the appropriate classification for it.  Key and Peele is a close second in my book.

i watched the first episode or two of it, and i couldn't take it. just found it obnoxious.

i wouldn't worry about it getting cancelled.. comedy central is finding a legit groove right now. between that, key and peele, review, inside amy schumer, and anything else i'm forgetting.