Cancelled (TV) Shows You Wish Would Come Back

Twin Peaks and Freaks & Geeks, definitely.

What more could you possibly want from either of those shows? They are both perfect and said what they wanted to say.

Edit: well, there is that whole Black Lodge thing now that I think about it.

They're the worst with their shows.  I remember what a struggle it was for Arrested Development to be on the air for those initial 2.5 seasons.  They wanted to axe them halfway through season 1.

Didn't they also cancel Family Guy like 3 times.  I remember Seth MacFarlene saying something along those lines.

Scrubs (just wish there was more or that season 9 never happened)

Should've ended after season 8.  This is coming from someone who claims Scrubs as their favorite show of all time.  Idk why they thought those new interns could hold up a show on their own.

I also never dug Happy Endings because I felt like it was trying to be Scrubs.  Especially by casting Jo from season 8 & Scrubs: Interns.

Didn't they also cancel Family Guy like 3 times.  I remember Seth MacFarlene saying something along those lines.

Yes haha.

It never should have aired in the first place. Seth MacFarlane is a goon.

What more could you possibly want from either of those shows? They are both perfect and said what they wanted to say.

I think Fire Walk With Me proved that Twin Peaks was just as long as it should've been. I didn't hate it, but it was totally unnecessary 

Carnivale (This was getting so good, and then it just gets cancelled?  Come on HBO!!)

Pushing Daisies

Go On

The Black Donnellys

Life (If they didn't have to rush to end the show--which they did and finished it)

Sports Night (this ended mostly, but could have kept going with the new company buying them)

I also never dug Happy Endings because I felt like it was trying to be Scrubs.  Especially by casting Jo from season 8 & Scrubs: Interns.

i've never heard anyone compare happy endings to scrubs. if anything, it emulated friends- but happy endings became a beast of its own kind that went well beyond the casting format of 3 guys & 3 girls. 

i'd also love happy endings to be revived if only to get coach the fuck away from new girl.

i've never heard anyone compare happy endings to scrubs. if anything, it emulated friends- but happy endings became a beast of its own kind that went well beyond the casting format of 3 guys & 3 girls. 

i'd also love happy endings to be revived if only to get coach the fuck away from new girl.

There were a handful of themes that paralleled Scrubs.  Also many of the jokes emulated the writing of most of Bill Lawrence's projects.

I have to take exception to the idea of a Freaks & Geeks revival. The show is set in high school, and it was on 15 years ago. What would they do, catch up with the characters as adults? When has that worked out ever? The show was a product of its time, there's no way any sequel could recapture the magic of a teenage Martin Starr dressed as the Bionic Woman.

What frustrates me about Community is that it had to spend (a much-too-abbreviated) season 5 reestablishing Greendale and the core characters and I got the sense that the story arc of the show was aching to move beyond the school and out into the world to try something new. It had to retrace its steps thanks to an off-the-rails season 4, and now it's stuck with its final episode being a pretty good season finale, but a very frustrating series finale. Seasons 1-3 are unfuckwithable on the level of very few shows, and I'm glad we got those. Too many excellent shows have aged into creaky middling versions of their former selves for me to wish for infinite episode orders of all my favorite shows. I'd still be watching Sealab 2021 if it was on the air, but then we would've never gotten Frisky Dingo and Archer, two shows that improved exponentially on their predecessor. Sometimes things have to die for new, more vital life to spring up.

I haven't seen twin peaks but freaks and geeks definitely deserved another season - it was cancelled, it wasn't ever intended to be one season. That being said, like someone else said a few comments up, it shouldn't be revived. No need to see the adult version of freaks and geeks - that would just be sad.

The Black Donnellys - Four young Irish brothers are caught up in New York's underworld of organized crime. Canceled after 1 season, and it ended on a huge cliff hanger + Olivia Wilde, how dare they!

Saw the title of the thread, came to complain about this,

The didn't even air the end of the first season - you had to watch that shit online.

I'm excited that movie where him and the other guy from New Girl (Jake Johnson I think? I'm on my phone and googling would take more than 5 seconds) pretend to be cops. I mean, the trailer looked pretty bad but they're both just so likeable that I want it to be good.

Let's Be Cops.  I'll watch it, I like both of them quite a bit.  The writer/director is responsible for The Animal and Girl Next Door though, so I'm a little weary about it.