Cancelled (TV) Shows You Wish Would Come Back

I didn't even know this existed but I am completely sold on it now. Of course, you can put an alum of The State in anything and I'll at least give it a shot.

Cannot agree with this statement more.  I've been going through Reno 911 over the last few weeks (lots of them I haven't seen before).  Show is fucking hilarious.

One of my favorite shows ever. I use to watch this every night back in the early 90s. I get excited every time I see an alum of The State in a show or movie. Do you guys remember when The State moved from MTV to CBS? What they could get away with on cable they couldn't get away with on basic tv. This ultimately to the show being canceled.

I wish this thread was about shows that were cancelled too early instead of any show cancelled ever.  king of the hill was around for 12 YEARS.  theres no reason we need more of that show.  same should be said about the simpsons.  now, a show that was in the middle of a story (4400, Firefly, etc) would make sense coming back just to finish the arc.. 

freaks and geeks might be one of the most underrated 1 season shows of all time. that cast was a whos-who of hollywood today.  its incredible.

I wish this thread was about shows that were cancelled too early instead of any show cancelled ever.  king of the hill was around for 12 YEARS.  theres no reason we need more of that show.  same should be said about the simpsons.  now, a show that was in the middle of a story (4400, Firefly, etc) would make sense coming back just to finish the arc.. 

freaks and geeks might be one of the most underrated 1 season shows of all time. that cast was a whos-who of hollywood today.  its incredible.

did someone say futurama at one point? show went for 5 seasons.. then came back for 2 more. over 10 years...

Backing the mentions of Deadwood and Carnivale. Two of my all time favorite shows.

I love Firefly, but I think the movie followup was much better as a whole than the show. I would prefer to see another movie over another season of the program.

i was just using firefly as an example though, I know they made a movie, but that show just ended.  

the wonder years doesnt need another season. I dont even have the slightest idea how they could add another year to how that show ended.  or why they'd need another year, that show ended perfectly.

I second Scott's suggestion of Southland, that cop show on TNT, that show was awesome.  that lasted 1 year, right?  or two?  

Lie to Me was really really good, but I think they kinda took that as far as they could without becoming overly repetitive (which it was getting "youre not lying? yes you care, your eyes tell me")

Almost Human (just recently cancelled)

Alcatraz

Fringe

wow, almost human cancelled?  not surprised, it was good, but also really corney at times.  totally agree with Alcatraz!!!  I thought that was a cool show idea!  and as much as I loved Fringe, im glad its done.  no need for it to go the X Files route and get ruined because they didnt know when to quit.  also another show of where could you possibly go from where it ended.  

What's the deal with all of JJ Abrams shows getting cancelled?  Revolution just got cancelled as well.

wow, revolution got canned?  fucking stupid, that show started out awful, like, worst acting ever awful, but it was pretty good as it went along... not sure if you've watched it all, but its another show that I just am not sure where they can possibly go without getting even more ridiculous.  but its kind of annoying that the story will never really finish.

According to imdb it lasted 5 seasons.

I watched the first season and really liked it but for some reason never watched past that.

wow really??  that show was about the cops in south LA right?  I thought it was only on TV for 2 seasons... just saw it was on for 5 seasons.  what channel was it on??