Want to buy: modest mouse - the lonesome crowded west

I'd wait out the re-press on this one. I can't see anyone letting it go for $150 (although someone might) - but the cheapest I've seen this go for in the past couple years is $300, and it's been as high as like $600 ha.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants this haha. I'd take it over Deja any day.

Good luck either way!

I've got some fairly recent experience with this. The long story short is my girlfriend bought me LCW for my birthday which was revealed when I told her I had just bought myself one on eBay. She paid $275 for hers and I paid $255. The gift copy was nicer so I sold the eBay one on discogs for $315 ($60 profit) so I'm afraid you're going to have to set aside more money if you want this, which is doable. I appreciate the fact of you wanting to include the Circa record or something else but honestly I doubt you'll find someone wanting to do that. Especially for the most sought after record of its time, a shitty 3rd wave emo bands record doesn't really match up. Is say just set aside another hundred or so and you'll be all set.

Trading Modest Mouse for Circa Survive would be the dumbest thing ever.

Haha, yeah no hate on Circa Survive, but someone who owned the Modest Mouse record would probably rather keep it unless they somehow inherited it and didn't know what they actually had. Also, as someone else mentioned the Circa Survive has been repressed so the value on the first press really isn't that high. (This doesn't include idiots on ebay) - I think someone would rather just snag a reissue of Juturna for $30-$50 if they really wanted it, rather than letting go of their Lonesome Crowded West record, but that's just my guess.

Haha, yeah no hate on Circa Survive, but someone who owned the Modest Mouse record would probably rather keep it unless they somehow inherited it and didn't know what they actually had. Also, as someone else mentioned the Circa Survive has been repressed so the value on the first press really isn't that high. (This doesn't include idiots on ebay) - I think someone would rather just snag a reissue of Juturna for $30-$50 if they really wanted it, rather than letting go of their Lonesome Crowded West record, but that's just my guess.

The first press is the picture disc that comes with the jacket with the alternate cover and that still goes for about the same as the lonesome crowded west. Since the repress came out the one I have has dropped from going for 200 something to 100-150 recently which isn't bad at all.

Let me preface by saying I know the answer to this "This is VC, whaddya expect?" but I'm still going to ask.

Is it really that hard to just say "Hey I don't think people will want the Circa record" instead of "Hey let me find a way to insult you while trashing Circa at the same time".

No, I'm not a Circa fan either (anymore).