The Emo Thread

I'm about to get real serious for a second: I missed Bear vs Shark FOUR times while I was working less than a mile from the venue. Well, three times and then the fourth I requested off to go and then my high school girlfriend said I wasn't allowed to go to shows alone because I'd cheat on her or something.

I am a huge piece of shit and I regret every decision I've ever made.

There was another time I had tickets to a show that was Bear vs Shark, Curl Up and Die, and Horse the Band but it got canceled.

I've only been following the emo scene since 2010, and this whole "revival" thing is pissing me off. I can't imagine the people who have been around since the Kinsella days. I know it's extremely cliche to be annoyed by it, and it's getting cool bands some really good exposure, but I'll always cringe when a kid who had pink hair, striped socks and a studded belt 2 years ago starts praising said "revival" as the second coming. I haven't even been around for 5 years and it's already crazy how much it's changed.

Obviously that didn't need to be said, but I felt like saying it.

I've only been following the emo scene since 2010, and this whole "revival" thing is pissing me off. I can't imagine the people who have been around since the Kinsella days. I know it's extremely cliche to be annoyed by it, and it's getting cool bands some really good exposure, but I'll always cringe when a kid who had pink hair, striped socks and a studded belt 2 years ago starts praising said "revival" as the second coming. I haven't even been around for 5 years and it's already crazy how much it's changed.

Obviously that didn't need to be said, but I felt like saying it.

People need to say it more. Shit pisses me off. And I know I might sound pretentious or dickish about it but I've been into it all since the mid 00s.

Anyone want to hear the saddest emo story ever?

I had tickets to Street Smart Cyclist's reunion show in 09 (?) but it snowed like a motherfucker, I'm talking almost 2 feet, and they had to postpone the show a few days, but the snow was so bad I couldn't make the hour drive to the show. Still makes me sad to think about it.

Anyone want to hear the saddest emo story ever?

I had tickets to Street Smart Cyclist's reunion show in 09 (?) but it snowed like a motherfucker, I'm talking almost 2 feet, and they had to postpone the show a few days, but the snow was so bad I couldn't make the hour drive to the show. Still makes me sad to think about it.

That's a terribly sad emo story.  Let us take a few minutes to remember.

If I ever meet John I will ask him about Melissa.  Well, no I wouldn't.

That's a terribly sad emo story.  Let us take a few minutes to remember.

If I ever meet John I will ask him about Melissa.  Well, no I wouldn't.

John is super nice in person, as long as you don't ask him about past band stuff. He'll answer questions on his tumblr, but again not about snowing/ssc stuff haha

www.gloomyglam.tumblr.com

He's been putting up demos recently. Real good stuff.

http://itsachugknocklife.blogspot.com

This blog introduced me to so much good stuff.

Holy shit.  I haven't seen that blog for years, I completely forgot about it.  I can credit that blog, and my friend who linked me to it for getting me into the emo scene.  I found so many bands on there.

That reminds me of when I used to get music off blogs. I had my ipod stolen a few years ago, between that and a hard drive crash I lost SO MUCH fucking emo music. Tons and tons of shit from bands between like 2000-2011 that I could never in a million years remember the names of. Bands that just put out demos or maybe a couple 7"s or an LP.

Going to start an emo band about forgetting about emo bands.